aberdeen-music

Exams.

Sam 45

Wish I were doing highers again...

I have my Principles of Medicine III on June 12th covering diseases of 4 different systems and I'm still studying the 1st! Gar. I better pass though, the resit is in the middle of my - already booked - holiday to Ireland!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you got a prelim in may?

Basically, I recorded the pieces I was playing for my Performing extension/mandatory in Music back in February, however, I did not have enough playing time in total (12-15 minutes for mandatory, 20-25 minutes for performing extension 1), meaning that the prelim is not valid. Therefore, I am rerecording everything aswell as the new pieces I am doing so that I can use it as an example for my performing prelim incase I fuck up my final exam on friday.

Basically' date=' I recorded the pieces I was playing for my Performing extension/mandatory in Music back in February, however, I did not have enough playing time in total (12-15 minutes for mandatory, 20-25 minutes for performing extension 1), meaning that the prelim is not valid. Therefore, I am rerecording everything aswell as the new pieces I am doing so that I can use it as an example for my performing prelim incase I fuck up my final exam on friday.[/quote']

Ah right gotcha, good luck with those.

I just did Higher Music this year - think iv done well in inventing, performing and extra inventing but im a bit sketchy with the listening paper. Got it on Wednesday.

I have AH French on Tuesday. Which should be alright. Then Higher Classical Studies on Thursday, which will be easy.

But then AH History on Monday, which will be the worst thing ever. Revision revision revision. God, I hate History exams.

Then I have nine days until my last exam, AH Latin on the 31st. Two days after my 18th as well. Nice.

I just did Higher Music this year - think iv done well in inventing' date=' performing and extra inventing but im a bit sketchy with the listening paper. Got it on Wednesday.[/quote']

Heh, I am completely shite at listening. Advanced higher has no new concepts to learn but the questions are more difficult, and instead of getting three plays for certain questions like the grid, you only get two. I am well fucking that up like.

My friends' tutor told them that the best way to do well in your exams is to take some time off before the exam. Lawyers at oxford used to go on holiday for a week before the exam apparently. I don't think I could handle that! But I'll maybe take a coupla days off next week. This all depends on if you've done enough work in the first place of course!!

My friends' tutor told them that the best way to do well in your exams is to take some time off before the exam. Lawyers at oxford used to go on holiday for a week before the exam apparently. I don't think I could handle that! But I'll maybe take a coupla days off next week. This all depends on if you've done enough work in the first place of course!!

Yeh i've heard its good to do stuff to take your mind off the exam like the night before. This doesn't apply to me as allmy reviison is done then....DAMMIT.

Higher Modern Studies today anyone? If so' date=' how'd it go?

[/quote']

yup - it went pretty well i think. some perfect questions (the health inequalities one was amazing) and only one that i got a bit stuck on ( NGO'S).

i have higher economics and higher physics tomorrow. OBV gonna be a fun-filled day!1

then maths on friday - and i am free!

Higher Modern Studies today anyone? If so' date=' how'd it go?

Higher French tomorrow:down:[/quote']

Paper two, the report was easy. Paper 1, the three essays, well the first two were perfect.. but the last one was shit. My tutor had only given me unit three a little over a week ago, and he said that I obviously didn't have time to complete it all (his fault) and told me specific things to revise, that didn't come up. So I had to bluff my way through it. No A for me :(

Biology on Tuesday.. oh dear.

Higher Music and Advanced Physics both tomorrow.

Should I maybe open a book or anything to look over the stuff for either of them?

Naaaaaa!

You should have a gander over the physics stuff for a bit, but for music listening there really isn't much you can do apart from learn the concepts. And by learning the concepts, you can still do shit in the exams simply because you miss things which you were supposed to hear.

Yeah I know man! I seem to do fine with Music listenings right enough. The core inventing, extension inventing and performing all mean that I am quite sorted for a pass anyways, just need to see if I can bluff this listening!

As for Physics, one quick flick through the content statements and I'm sorted!

Yeah I know man! I seem to do fine with Music listenings right enough. The core inventing' date=' extension inventing and performing all mean that I am quite sorted for a pass anyways, just need to see if I can bluff this listening!

As for Physics, one quick flick through the content statements and I'm sorted![/quote']

I almost hope you fail :p Adv Higher physics just about killed me I found it really hard! I had to work so hard for that A. But then there was extra pressure cos I needed the grade.

Bleh.

Ps. I don't really hope you fail. Good luck!