aberdeen-music

Exams.

Sam 45

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, my greatest academic moment was discovering I got an A for Higher French which I did hungover with 2 hours sleep. I'll never be that good again :(

I can't believe you had to do an exam for Advanced Higher English, when I did it a few years ago it was all folio work throughout the year, it was great.

My first is on Tuesday: AH French.

I'm not really stressing about any of them, apart from AH History. But History exams always fuck me up.

My Manchester conditional is an A and a B in two of my three Advanced Highers, which isn't too bad.

My last one is two days after my 18th birthday though, which is a bit rubbish.

Ah' date=' my greatest academic moment was discovering I got an A for Higher French which I did hungover with 2 hours sleep. I'll never be that good again :(

I can't believe you had to do an exam for Advanced Higher English, when I did it a few years ago it was all folio work throughout the year, it was great.[/quote']

Yeah it must have changed a bit. 70% of it was coursework but i didnt take that seriosuly and did it all within about a week. The otehr 30% was the written essay exam and i got a horrible question. Ah well.

My last one is two days after my 18th birthday though' date=' which is a bit rubbish.[/quote']

That was the same with my 17th last year - it sucked. This year i finish on the 17th so plenty of time to get ready for May 28.

I found foundation maths hard....though i'm retarded. My exams finish on physics and history though' date=' my two worst choices![/quote']

Haha foundation maths are you having a laugh. 'Measure the dinosaur'.

i have five highers within 7 days. GREAT FUN

Yehn but you said highers are like soo fucking easy :p

I was meant to be doing Advanced English yesterday but I crashed my car and wrote it off completely on thursday night. I'm very, very lucky to have been able to walk away from that 'cause the car flipped like 3 times. I was too shaken up still to do the exam, also I had no sleep as I didn't get home from the hospital until about 6am.

I was meant to be doing Advanced English yesterday but I crashed my car and wrote it off completely on thursday night. I'm very' date=' very lucky to have been able to walk away from that 'cause the car flipped like 3 times. I was too shaken up still to do the exam, also I had no sleep as I didn't get home from the hospital until about 6am.[/quote']

Speeding?

I was meant to be doing Advanced English yesterday but I crashed my car and wrote it off completely on thursday night. I'm very' date=' very lucky to have been able to walk away from that 'cause the car flipped like 3 times. I was too shaken up still to do the exam, also I had no sleep as I didn't get home from the hospital until about 6am.[/quote']

Didn't you just pass your test not long ago? Bummer.

Speeding?

No, I was doing 60, maybe 65.

The roads were well greasy, I was travelling along a road I drive on every day. Went round a slight bend and felt the back of the car start to slip out, I panicked and slammed on the brakes. Bad move.

the car went onto the verge on the left, I tried to get it back on the road but it skidded right across it and went over a wall and landed nose first in a field. Then it flipped and stuff. I thought I was going to die :S

I'm well lucky to have walked out of it with just cuts and bruises.

No' date=' I was doing 60, maybe 65.

The roads were well greasy, I was travelling along a road I drive on every day. Went round a slight bend and felt the back of the car start to slip out, I panicked and slammed on the brakes. Bad move.

the car went onto the verge on the left, I tried to get it back on the road but it skidded right across it and went over a wall and landed nose first in a field. Then it flipped and stuff. I thought I was going to die :S

I'm well lucky to have walked out of it with just cuts and bruises.[/quote']

Must of been scary as fuck. Good to hear it's only cuts and bruises though.

And of course, if young drivers insurance wasn't bad enough (I should know) they're gonna hit you hard. What did you have? Fully comp, TPF&T?

Must of been scary as fuck. Good to hear it's only cuts and bruises though.

And of course' date=' if young drivers insurance wasn't bad enough (I should know) they're gonna hit you hard. What did you have? Fully comp, TPF&T?[/quote']

Yeah, it was without a doubt the scariest thing that's ever happened to me.

Yeah, my insurance was 1400 for a year. I used to have TPF&T but when I passed my test I got it upgraded to fully comp, and thank fuck for that. I have a 400 excess though so I'll probably only get 5 or 6 hundred quid off of them. I was covered for contents and the cd player and stuff though, and since basically everything in the car with me got trashed I reckon I can claim back another couple of hundred there too.

I'm looking to get another clio though - that thing held up like a fucking hero considering the circumstances. If it had been a saxo or something I was driving, christ - the car would probably have just disintegrated with the impact and I might not be here just now.