aberdeen-music

Devendra Banhart @ Lemon Tree

Rob

Guest Frieda

Oh no! This has got to be a joke! I wont be back in the country till the 8th! I cant believe it - Im so upset! That will be amazing gig...... I'll never hear the end of it from my sister....

Gutted.

Devendra Banhart

Devendra Banhart + Vetiver

Sunday 3rd September

The Lemon Tree

15 (10 concessions & Regulars)

Doors Open: 7.30pm

Show Starts: 8pm

Having released his debut album in October 2002, 'Oh My Oh My', Devendra quickly followed it up with the acclaimed full-length 'Rejoicing In The Hands'and companion piece, 'Nino Rojo.'Often sketches that weren't recorded in a proper studio environment, Devendra's magic started to work its way in to many hearts. Be it live or on record, he was fast proving to be something of a special talent.

Cripple Crow, his fourth album and his third for XL Recordings, was released in September 2005 and is his most formed record yet. Recorded at Bearsville Studios in Woodstock, NY with the aid of regular sidekick Andy Cabic, Noah Georgeson and Thom Monahan joining Devendra in the studio, it found him continuing his extraordinary growth as a writer, vocalist and musician. Warmly received by an ever-increasing audience of critics and fans alike, Cripple Crow showed them that he's still very capable of surprising and delighting them.

details on Lemon Tree website

• 3 months later...