aberdeen-music

success of goNORTH?

Ollie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the backpage of Music Week, and GoNorth is getting a bigger profile outside of the North East - which is surely the point. Increasing the potential audience for bands in the area.

There was a lot of talk of GoNorth at the recent YourSound in Glasgow, and although not as high profile as Tigerfest it is taken just as seriously.

Al

It's on the backpage of Music Week' date=' and GoNorth is getting a bigger profile outside of the North East - which is surely the point. Increasing the potential audience for bands in the area.

There was a lot of talk of GoNorth at the recent YourSound in Glasgow, and although not as high profile as Tigerfest it is taken just as seriously.

Al[/quote']

that is indeed good news, i'll listen out for all these non-Aberdeen accents during the next couple of nights

And your question about Managers livened things up no end.

I aim to please... though he never actually answered my question of what makes a good manager in his opinion... still an enjoyable talk. I'm looking forward to the talks this afternoon at the Tunnels and hope that this time they dont end up cancelling them as they did last night :swearing:

Cheers

Stuart

Hmmmm. Why did they do that?

We werent really told, we turned up to Toms for the 5 o'clock seminar to be told it was cancelled and the people who were meant to be running it had gone AWOL. It's a shame as the usual complaint is no-one ever goes to these things, why bother to put them on, but you cant expect people to go if they're being cancelled at 5 o'clock on the day, people wont take the risk as that might mean time off work etc.

Cheers

Stuart

There was a lot of talk of GoNorth at the recent YourSound in Glasgow' date=' and although not as high profile as Tigerfest it is taken just as seriously.

Al[/quote']

im no part of the industry in any way and i prefer to avoid the business liek the plague, so maybe im not qualified to comment on such things but

surely that is inaccurate. tigerfest is a wee collection of gigs with a ton of insular indie music. whereas go north (for all its sins and shocking organisation) covers much more musically and workshop wise

im no part of the industry in any way and i prefer to avoid the business liek the plague' date=' so maybe im not qualified to comment on such things but

surely that is inaccurate. tigerfest is a wee collection of gigs with a ton of insular indie music. whereas go north (for all its sins and shocking organisation) covers much more musically and workshop wise[/quote']

You might be right, I hadn't heard about Tigerfest until last week, and I've known about Go North since its first year. Though that's because I lived in Aberdeen, which makes me objective in no way whatsoever. Umm, carry on.

Booooo. Ever felt like everyone else was at a party and you didn't get to go? I was frazzled and pooped after my late night and 25 mins of drumming(?) on Wednesday and a long day on Thursday, couldn't move from the couch last night! Angry at myself for behaving like an old man! Good night last night? I wan't stories!

Jim