aberdeen-music

You're Walter Smith and Scotland are going to the World Cup

Guest neil ex

The fact that JMac and Slow Dazzle are both Aberdeen fans has nothing to do with their bias towards defenders from Dundee i guess. And no he wasn't shit, he was a quality defender before he got crocked and also had several English Premier clubs interested in him and the Old Firm kinda shows that other folks held him in high regard. I can't recall anyone ever being interested in Russell Anderson and Phil McGuire is propping up Doncasters backline, hardly a leap to a higher level now is it :p

The fact that JMac and Slow Dazzle are both Aberdeen fans has nothing to do with their bias towards defenders from Dundee i guess. And no he wasn't shit' date=' he was a quality defender before he got crocked and also had several English Premier clubs interested in him and the Old Firm kinda shows that other folks held him in high regard. I can't recall anyone ever being interested in Russell Anderson and Phil McGuire is propping up Doncasters backline, hardly a leap to a higher level now is it :p[/quote']

To be fair, I don't think there would be many football fans in Scotland who rate Lee Wilkie over Russell Anderson. Anderson is far and away a more accomplished and reliable defender. That's not to say that Wilkie is pish; three seasons back he was right up there as one of the best outside of the old firm. But that was for one season; he was average until then and injured thereafter. As far as consistency and reliability over the last three or four years goes, Anderson wins every time.

love from christy

The fact that JMac and Slow Dazzle are both Aberdeen fans has nothing to do with their bias towards defenders from Dundee i guess. And no he wasn't shit' date=' he was a quality defender before he got crocked and also had several English Premier clubs interested in him and the Old Firm kinda shows that other folks held him in high regard. I can't recall anyone ever being interested in Russell Anderson and Phil McGuire is propping up Doncasters backline, hardly a leap to a higher level now is it :p[/quote']

I AM NOT AN ABERDEEN FAN!!

I would be expecting him and Kennedy to be playing together in fact. The two of them are easily Celtic's best defenders. All depends where they intend using Caldwell' date=' i'm guessing he'll get a midfield holding role just in front of the back four like Keane or Lennon. Celtic are gonna have a cracking scottish team in the next two seasons or so if Strachan's allowed to build upon it.

I mean:

Marshall, Caldwell, McManus, Kennedy, Maloney, Miller, Wilson, Beattie

Thats a good backbone to build from. They just need a few good scottish midfielders (*cough* Fletcher *cough*) and a good Scottish Left back (*cough* Hammell *cough*)

:up:[/quote']

Fletcher! No thanks! I would have a very similar scotland line-up to yours, but with Hartley instead of Fletcher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top XI - 3-5-2

1. Gordon

2. Anderson

3. Dailly

4. McManus

5. Ferguson

6. Maloney

7. Burke

8. Hartley

9. McFadden

10. Miller

11. Fletcher

Nae bad.. I reckon that woulda been the team to go all the way !! :gringo:

Goalkeepers:

Craig Gordon, Kenny Arthur, Neil Alexander

Defenders:

Christian Dailly, Russell Anderson, Steven Pressley, Alan Archibald, Greame Murty, Gary Naysmith, Andy Webster

Midfielders:

Chris Burke, Darren Fletcher, Barry Ferguson, Paul Hartley, Nigel Quashie, Gavin Rae, Gary Teale

Forwards:

James McFadden, Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Gary O'Connor, Craig Dargo

goalkeepers - gordon, alexander, brown

defenders - anderson, webster, wilson, hammell, murray, naysmith, mcnamara, caldwell

midfielders - fletcher, hartley, severin, burke, quashie, ferguson, g.rae

forwards - boyd, miller, maloney, o'connor, mcfadden

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Goalkeeper - McGregor

Defenders - Shields, Wilson, Tod, Thomson

Midfield - Mason, Darren Young, Ross, Iain Campbell

Forwards - Burchill, Derek Young