aberdeen-music

Female vocalist seeks guitarist

Memphis Skyline

Hi there,

I moved to Aberdeen from Glasgow, where I had a regular weekly gig, singing in a bar with another girl.

Six months on I am looking to get back into a local music scene.

I’m looking for one or more like-minded people who would enjoy getting together and playing.

I’m a riot grrl at heart, but I sing laid back accoustic stuff mostly influenced by Ani Di Franco, Mirah, Martha Wainright, Regina Spektor, Joanna Newsom, Teagan and Sara, Joni Mitchell, Dar Williams etc

(but also love LeTigre, Sleater Kinney, The Butchies, Hole, The Need and more)

Please get in touch by PM or replying here,

MC

Get yourself down to The Moorings on a Sunday evening from 8pm, we have an open stage night which would be good for you to meet some local musicians and have a jam with the house band or other people. all bands welcome.

Thanks for the responses - have had a few replies that I'm looking into but the more people get in touch the better!

Will certainly be along to the Moorings at some stage, been along before but not for open mic. Can't make it this weekend though - small matter of radio 1 big weekend to attend :)

Hi there' date='

I moved to Aberdeen from Glasgow, where I had a regular weekly gig, singing in a bar with another girl.

Six months on I am looking to get back into a local music scene.

Im looking for one or more like-minded people who would enjoy getting together and playing.

Im a riot grrl at heart, but I sing laid back accoustic stuff mostly influenced by Ani Di Franco, Mirah, Martha Wainright, Regina Spektor, Joanna Newsom, Teagan and Sara, Joni Mitchell, Dar Williams etc

(but also love LeTigre, Sleater Kinney, The Butchies, Hole, The Need and more)

Please get in touch by PM or replying here,

MC[/quote']

i might be interested. im a female guitarist.