aberdeen-music

various stuff for sale

kenny

Alesis photon x25

photon.jpg

about 3 months old, only used once. boxed and complete with instuctions etc. £80

pedals

pedals.jpg

boss ac-2 very little use, boxed etc. £40

boss mt-2 again very little use, boxed etc. £30

POD one of the first ones (i think 1.2 or something) works very well, complete with power supply and carycase. £60

Vox one not for sale as i think its busted, (as a side note its a crap pedal).

guitar

strat2.jpg

start style guitar, fitted with lace sensor pickups.

£125 (the pickups are worth more than that, would be great even for them).

e-mail kennygenevieve@btinternet.com

or pm

is that your "none more black" guitar you're selling? shame.

what does the photon do? i might be interested' date=' but don't know anything about it. is it like a sampler/keyboard type thing?[/quote']

it is indeed the "none more black" unfortunatly its never given me the sound i need for the band, it gives a great sound but just not what i need.

the photon is a usb midi controler with added audio ins and outs.

it can be used as an external soundcard a midi keyboard and a midi controler all at once.

unfortunatly not compatible with the software i use....

Guest lime ruined my life

Are you selling the lace sensors seperately?

i might be intrested in a gold one, or i could trade you a seymour duncan 59 humbucker for strat neck?

p.s It has a black cover!

Are you selling the lace sensors seperately?

i might be intrested in a gold one' date=' or i could trade you a seymour duncan 59 humbucker for strat neck?

p.s It has a black cover![/quote']

not selling seperately yet.

still 125 for a guitar thats part all together cost about 450 aint bad

it is indeed the "none more black" unfortunatly its never given me the sound i need for the band' date=' it gives a great sound but just not what i need.

the photon is a usb midi controler with added audio ins and outs.

it can be used as an external soundcard a midi keyboard and a midi controler all at once.

unfortunatly not compatible with the software i use....[/quote']

Lace sensors are favoured by the likes of Clapton, Jeff Beck, Richie Samboara....etc...if you're after that weak tone they'll do, but if you want real tone, you need pick ups with visible magnetic poles....seriously....once the poles start to rust they take on this whole new characteristic of their own!!!

Lace sensors are favoured by the likes of Clapton' date=' Jeff Beck, Richie Samboara....etc...if you're after that weak tone they'll do, but if you want real tone, you need pick ups with visible magnetic poles....seriously....once the poles start to rust they take on this whole new characteristic of their own!!![/quote']

iron poles then?

Lace sensors are favoured by the likes of Clapton' date=' Jeff Beck, Richie Samboara....etc...if you're after that weak tone they'll do, but if you want real tone, you need pick ups with visible magnetic poles....seriously....once the poles start to rust they take on this whole new characteristic of their own!!![/quote']

you forgot to mention other people who use or have used lace sensors.

smashing pumkins first 2 albums make use of the smooth and very full sound that they can provide, as does the first biffy album.

i always managed to get a very good sound with them but as with everything, different stokes rule the world...

the ac-2 is still up for grabs... 30

Guest Gasss

Not to mention Jonny Greenwood, Bob Mould... weak?

If you've ever owned a guitar with lace sensors, you'll know that they have a very distinct compressed sound with a rounded top end (even the blue single coil style ones) that is excellent for heavy OD/distortion. They're not for everyone but you could say that about most pickups.

I think you mean the gradual demagnetisation over time of polepieces in magnetic pickups can affect the tone. Rust just means they're rusty.

I've used lace sensors, their pretty good. Talking about pickups, I going to get my Gibson Les Paul P90 rewound soon, and a new set of pickups for my tele. I'm getting them from wizard pickups. He's a really nice guy, and local to boot (Mintlaw area) He'll do about anything you want with pickups. Drop him line and he'll sort you out with a great deal. andy@wizardpickups.co.uk :up:

Rust just means they're rusty.

iron is the only metal to undergo the process known as "rusting", the only pickups i know that use iron pole peices is the ASAT special ones.

I think generally pickup poles are made of non-magnetic material like steel where a magnetic dipole is induced by a bar magnet, or they are made of magnetic material like alnico, neither of which rust.

On the other hand, i'm convinced the induced discrete magnetic dipole moments would change as the chemical structure of iron is altered to iron oxide, but i don't really know.