aberdeen-music

Top Gear

Stig driving a half million pound car into a tyre wall only for the company to apologise and offer to improve the car

i loved that. good publicity for the xen-whateverthehellitwas company, i suppose.

watched a bit of fith gear last night.

its a bit rubbish in comparison, really.

• 2 months later...

amazing. The program just gets better and better. I thought the funniest bit (aside from the caravan holiday, that transcended funny) was the vectra that couldn't turn corners. One of the world's 5 fastest saloons but it only goes in a straight line...

It really is the only programme worth watching. The production and camera work on the car reviews is fantastic.

Have to wonder though, how much of their 'adventures' are set-up. Like every time they have a race across Europe they arrive within 30 seconds of each other. Or if they have a car vs. bobsleigh/canoe/mountain bike race the camera always manages to catch them crossing paths/jumping over each other. I have no doubt the caravan next door was owned by the BBC and the fire was fully planned by the (genius) production staff. I don't think the programme is entirely staged, but the climax moments are certainly very unbelievable or coincidental.

It really is the only programme worth watching. The production and camera work on the car reviews is fantastic.

Have to wonder though' date=' how much of their 'adventures' are set-up. Like every time they have a race across Europe they arrive within 30 seconds of each other. Or if they have a car vs. bobsleigh/canoe/mountain bike race the camera always manages to catch them crossing paths/jumping over each other. I have no doubt the caravan next door was owned by the BBC and the fire was fully planned by the (genius) production staff. I don't think the programme is entirely staged, but the climax moments are certainly very unbelievable or coincidental.[/quote']

Don't wreck the illusion!!

of course most of it is staged but quite frankly who cares when tv is this good and funny? (james joint comment had me laughing for ages). though some of the fall outs are for real. i think its the fact they're just themselves like three blokes who drink down the local pub is what makes it so appealing.

i also they now have got to the stage where they try and out do the last show's antics and by jove they keep suceeding.