aberdeen-music

So is there ever going to be a Red Dwarf 9?

Lemonade

It's been, believe it or not, 7 years since Red Dwarf 8 ended with the line "THE END...... THE SMEG IT IS!", and with the whole crew dead except Rimmer. With all the talk of movies that never happened, Lister now being in Coronation Street, are we ever going to find out what happened?

Seven years? Bloody hell!

I hope they make a new series, but it seems more and more unlikely as time goes on. To be perfectly honest, series 8 was very weak compared to previous efforts. If they are going to make a series 9, im prepared to forgive 7 years of a lack of red-dwarf, as long as its up to the standard of some of the pre-series 8 episodes

It's been' date=' believe it or not, 7 years since Red Dwarf 8 ended with the line "THE END...... THE SMEG IT IS!", and with the whole crew dead except Rimmer. With all the talk of movies that never happened, Lister now being in Coronation Street, are we ever going to find out what happened?[/quote']

Sorry to nitpick but the whole crew weren't dead. Lister,Cat,Kochanski all were in a different dimension.

I somehow manage to love every series of Red Dwarf, though they do seem to change 'style' over time, and while series 8 may not have been *as* good as some of the older ones, it is still damn funny.

series 9 hasn't appeared as they were intending to do the film, which has fallen through multiple times from budget problems and getting backers and so on, still trying last time I heard...

I will agree on the digital animation point though, there was something damn cool about all the model shots, doing it on computers just isn't the same...

The ending of 8 was nicely set, as was the ending of 4 - Look at it simply and it looks like its over, but look closely and its still going, in 8 the fact that the rest of the crew were in the alternate dimension, or in 4 that when the future crew blew up the ship, they wiped themselves from exsistance, so they couldn't then destroy starbug, so it comes back (put on loop until rimmer destroys the drive first)

I like Red Dwarf far too much...

David

I love red dwarf, it's the only scifi show ive ever liked, infact I was really apalled at that cheap thing that aired not so long ago that attempted to cash in on that whole "its scifi but not taking itself seriously" but which was really unmemorable, to the extent that i cant remember its name. (hms camden lock?)

I really hope the movie does actually get made, last I heard was that it was allegedly going to be filmed in australia or something?!

I trust all you afficionados have seen the gruesome US pilot, thank fuck that was one series that never got commisioned!

hyperdrive is what you're thinking of' date=' i think i was the only person that liked it. meh.[/quote']

Ah yeah thats the one, Hyperdrive. I got a few laughs out of it but there was somethin a bit hollow and knowing about the whole thing, i just kept wishing it was a new series of reddwarf instead ;)

Ah yeah thats the one' date=' Hyperdrive. I got a few laughs out of it but there was somethin a bit hollow and knowing about the whole thing, i just kept wishing it was a new series of reddwarf instead ;)[/quote']

that's fair enough, i'm just a sucker for nick frost and anything which vaguely reminds me of red dwarf. it has potential though, lots of sitcoms have been shite in the first series then gotten a lot better later on(blackadder being probably the best example).

i'd forgotten about the us version until now.

that was painful to watch.

i don't really want a series nine unless it'd top some of the previous series and i can't see that happening. i could forgive craig charles for robot wars but i fear he's strayed too far from the path with corrie...

just need to get series 8 on dvd then the collection is complete. From what i remember 8 is not all that great. third and 4th series have to be the best. I dont think they should make a ninth one' date=' it would be rubbish.[/quote']

I bought series 8 yesterday so I've got my collection complete which I'm pretty happy with, Planning spending today sitting in front of the TV watching it to death.