aberdeen-music

Anyone want a gig in Perth on 30th June?

davewarden

Hay man Statue of Misery would like to play.

it would be cool to play we you guys (i know nick from college).

Also i think i will be organising a gig in early july time,if you would like to play, i have already had a chat with nick about it.

but will talk nearer the time.

S.o.M

• 3 weeks later...

This place is just a pub, not a venue so the people who are there are local drinkers and not music fans. The Retreat's clientele are somewhat sensitive to loud music and when TWF! played there recently with Allergo we were threatened with violence if we continued our set.

The folk are all mouth but but it makes for a very uncomfortable atmosphere. We're lucky in that our frontman is 6'5" and heavily tattooed so, even though he's a big girl, no one was gonna try anything. I could see a similar situation cropping up and getting out of hand though.

If you want to play in Perth, stick to somewhere that specifically caters for bands like Angry Mics (formerly Barcode) as people need to pay in to gain access to the venue.

• Upvote 1

This place is just a pub' date=' not a venue so the people who are there are local drinkers and not music fans. The Retreat's clientele are somewhat sensitive to loud music and when TWF! played there recently with Allergo we were threatened with violence if we continued our set.

The folk are all mouth but but it makes for a very uncomfortable atmosphere. We're lucky in that our frontman is 6'5" and heavily tattooed so, even though he's a big girl, no one was gonna try anything. I could see a similar situation cropping up and getting out of hand though.

If you want to play in Perth, stick to somewhere that specifically caters for bands like Angry Mics (formerly Barcode) as people need to pay in to gain access to the venue.[/quote']

well....i bow out then, count me out. I can't be assed with another gig full of people who quite CLEARLY dont want to listen to the stuff. I've done that before and it's pointless

This place is just a pub' date=' not a venue so the people who are there are local drinkers and not music fans. The Retreat's clientele are somewhat sensitive to loud music and when TWF! played there recently with Allergo we were threatened with violence if we continued our set.

If you want to play in Perth, stick to somewhere that specifically caters for bands like Angry Mics (formerly Barcode) as people need to pay in to gain access to the venue.[/quote']

Yeah I heard this happened not to you guys but james(MAFAFI fame)

We are just putting a gig on cos our singers brother works there and asked us to play...still looking forward to it though.