aberdeen-music

Here we go again (Star Wars content)

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

I suppose it's fair enough everyone (including me) moans about the stupid new "Special Editions", so we can't really complain when he does what we want and releases the originals.

But I will anyway. ;)

It's worth getting them (if you don't have them already) just for the original ending to Return of the Jedi. The Ewok Song' date=' and the slightly shifty/greasy Anakin Skywalker, and not Hayden "Ah, gee shucks guys, sorry about ruling the galaxy with an iron fist, blowing up planets and personally slaughtering hundreds of children" Whatsisname and ropey outdated CGI planetscapes and new-age music.[/quote']

aint ewoks those little teddybears with coats on?

and they have a song? hehehehe awesome :)

It's worth getting them (if you don't have them already) just for the original ending to Return of the Jedi. The Ewok Song' date=' and the slightly shifty/greasy Anakin Skywalker, and not Hayden "Ah, gee shucks guys, sorry about ruling the galaxy with an iron fist, blowing up planets and personally slaughtering hundreds of children" Whatsisname and ropey outdated CGI planetscapes and new-age music.[/quote']

And, obviously, Han Solo shooting first in Ep4 :up:

Meh, despite Lucas' constant denial he would ever release these on DVD, it was kinda inevitable. I'd LIKE to say I'm not going to buy them, but I do miss the original Ewok song, the original X-Wing models at Yavin instead of CGI, old pasty-Anakin having eyebrows despite the whole 'lava incident' thing...etc etc

I currently own original versions on VHS' date=' special editions on VHS and special editions on DVD. Lucas is a bloody con man.[/quote']

Me too, but I do fancy the unadulterated originals on DVD too. I guess it's only a matter of time before an all-singing, all-dancing box set of all six films materialises too.

More CLONE WARS Mr Lucas, MORE CLONE WARS!

I googled "ewok song lyrics" and got this. Everyone sing along!

Yub nub' date=' eee chop yub nub,

toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah.

Yah wah, eee chop yah wah,

toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah

Coat ee chah tu yub nub,

Coat ee chah tu yah wah,

Coat ee chah tu glo wah.

allay loo ta nuv

Glo wah, eee chop glo wah, ya glo wah pee chu nee foam,

ah toot dee awe goon daa.

Coat ee cha tu goo (Yub nub!)

coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)

coat ee cha tu too (ya chaa!)

allay loo tu nuv (3 times)

Glo wah, eee chop glo wah.

Ya glow wah pee chu nee foam,

ah toot dee awe goon daa

allay loo tu nuv.[/quote']

hahahaha!! i read that and had to downlaod it. . . hehe made my night (eeep when im meant to be studying for my HNC exam)

hehe ah well, i love ewoks now

I'm in no mood for Star Wars.....too many little brats have been coming out with the "Of course it's Star Wars day today" routine (May the Fourth be with you) :(

I was soooo happy when someone asked me what the date was today. And then when I was writing a chegue and asked someone the date.

hehehehe. I've been waiting for this for a whole year now. Can't wait till next year!

Ah, why couldn't they just have done this in the first place

None of this greedo shooting first nonsense, and all the extra cgi in the wide angle scenes and so on, its just not right

Anyone want to buy the box set of IV-V-VI? cool gold version... ;)

David

I'm sorry, but am I the only who refused to buy the DVD's because I knew in the back of my mind these were coming at some point. Anyone who knows anything about Lucas knows that all he cares about now is getting the fans to part with all their cash, and buy constantly saying that each new version is the last and there will be no more is how he goes about that. He probably planned this all along knowing people would buy the current versions simpy because it's Star Wars on DVD, and knowing that the second the OG versions are available everyone will want them to. Thus he gets people to pay multiple times for the same thing. and if you were fucking dumb enough to fall for it then tough fucking luck. It's your own fault.

As I say, it was inevitable that they would be released, despite Lucas' insisting otherwise.

Personally, I was more annoyed by the fact it's taken until now to be able to choose which version to get. I enjoy some of the changes made on the enhanced versions, but by god I miss the original happy ewok song. And Han Solo always shooting first yadayada...

Nobody's commented on the other, equally exciting news of it coming just after the Star Wars Lego: Original Trilogy game? Squeee!

Guest DustyDeviada
Anyone want to buy the box set of IV-V-VI? cool gold version... ;)

The gold version's crap, doesn't match the disc covers. Anyone want to buy the silver version? ;)