aberdeen-music

How much alcohol do you drink every week?

Hog

Why on earth?!

Just don't do what we did to a friend of mine...we persuaded him to drink a bottle of buckfast with red bull. It didn't taste that bad' date=' but what he didn't know was that we poured out a fair bit beforehand and filled it with straight vodka :D[/quote']

You're a pretty rubbish friend in that case!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a total lightweight these days. working 6 days in the pub means theres only ever an hour max to get pissed after close. Does tend to lead to binge drinking, my body only knows how to go from 0-pissed in about 2 hours now. If i do go out drinkin after work, it'll generally consist of a few pints, a few jack n cokes, a few jagers then prolly home to a few more beers or jacks. Its hard watching everyone getting trashed for 7 hours a day without really badly needing that pint at the end of a shift.

Although it was nice to wake up today for the first in atleast a month with a reletively clear head.

i usually go out about 3 nights a week and i'd say i usually have about 4/5 shotsworth of sambuca/rum mixed with something at home' date=' followed by a pitcher or two of red bull and vodka, then about 6 shots of sambuca. god, it's probably more usually.[/quote']

Best user name ever.

a good combination is buckfast and champagne' date=' otherwise known as a velvet elvis. very tasty :)[/quote']

another winning buckfast combination is buckfast/vodka/irn-bru, dubbed by many as a "scottish headbutt"

mixed in equal parts, the harsh elements of the vodka and buckfast seem to cancel each other out, leaving a sweet and refreshing taste

i wouldn't drink more than one in an evening, however

but then i rarely consume more than 10 units of alcohol in a week

how can people remember what there drinking when there pished, i dont want to face up to reality and count, it will scare me too much, ah fuck it here we go.

em, an average week without gigs or summer holidays, bank holidays etc would consist of 3 nites of drinking.

Wed nite, head to triple kirks about 7, normally football on so say 4 - 6 beers during that, 9pm kicks in and its 1 for vodka red bull, normally spend about 30 for the nite so thats probs about 20 vodkas, (my mate did go to the bar and buy 26 the other week). Friday nights start about 7 in my house, say there will be four of us there, well buy 2 litres of vodka and various bottles of juice. Finish that about 11 say and head to exodus where its normally 2 vodka lemonades each round and a couple of shots (not many) now and then. Saturdays depend if i have football which i normally have. Finish our game and head to our bar at 4 where we get free food. Have a pint or 2 there then head home. The cavalry come round again about 7 (just in time for deal or no deal) and the two bottles of vodka are bought again, head to exo again and do the same. Sunday mornings depend on how drunk we are and what footballs on. Head to triple kirks for about 1pm and have a few pints, unless im working at night where ill have pints of pepsi.

I know this is quite alot of alcohol and i cant say im proud of it, people will think its sounds repetitive buy why stop doing things that you really like to do.

Booked my holiday now and exams are kicking in so im gonna cut down, away out to see captain but not gonna drink. Roll on summer

I'm not that bad, never really have been. On my 'healthy eating' programme just now I try to only have Vokda and diet coke with the odd cocktail here and there. Last summer I drunk heaps, sometimes a bottle of wine before going out for numerous vodkas, shots and cocktails. After a couple of not-so-fine indcidents, I cut down a lot. These days, I dunno, maybe 15 drinks tops in a night, probably 8-10 on average. I think that is actually bad.

Not that much at all in the last month or two. This is mainly due to being completley skint. Also using the lack of funds as a good excuse to finally lose the beer belly that has sneaked up on me in the last couple of years. Weekly football again and a few jogs and/or brisk walks with the dog can do absolute wonders. and instead of grabbing a chocolate bar or biscuit when hungry try and take a bit of fruit, grapes are my favourite.

But when i have some money in my pocket, on an average night out about 3, 4 or 5 pints of lager, a bottle of magners then 4 or 5 vodka and lemonades or similar (this could reach double figures if in exodus on a wednesday). Out about twice a week and a few odd visits to the local consuming 3 or 4 pints of tennants.

how can people remember what there drinking when there pished

the post-heavy night out "i spent HOW MUCH?!" often spurs my memory back into action. a little bit. then i stop caring and go back to sleep.

i've been doing well recently, after having decided little good had come from overindulging to the point i had been. a couple of pints once or twice a week does me fine. the exception being the odd friday night binge but that goes without saying.

I probably drink more during the week actually, because when I'm at work (3-4 days per week) I have a pint or two at lunch, then one or two shots at evening break (usually depends on how recent pay day was) then I get home at ten and sometimes have a couple of beers with dinner. On non working days I don't drink during the day but maybe go out to a beer garden or something and have three or four beers, sometimes with a shot here or there.

In an average week it might be 15-20 beers and 8 shots.

christ tell me about it' date=' we drink really good bottles of whiskey in the pissing down rain in woods and forests to hide from police when it should be drank next to a warm open fire with a dressing gown and slippers on, in an expensive crystal glass with two cubes of ice.[/quote']

Ice in a fine whisky..... oh dear. Liking the dressing gown and slippers though. A smoking jacket and cigar would just finish it off.