aberdeen-music

How much alcohol do you drink every week?

Hog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends where I go out, if its in Banff then i usually have a bottle of wine followed by a few pints then sometimes a couple of JD and cokes. If in Aberdeen i usually have a few beers at my friends flat then indulge in far too many cocktails at the bassment before heading to moshulu or exodus for more beer.

Just don't do what we did to a friend of mine...we persuaded him to drink a bottle of buckfast with red bull. It didn't taste that bad' date=' but what he didn't know was that we poured out a fair bit beforehand and filled it with straight vodka :D[/quote']

That's not :D at all, it's just stupid. I'm not entirely without a sense of humour, but tricking someone into drinking more than they think is dangerously idiotic. That just winds me up. You don't mess with someones drink, ever.

Guest Craig C
Hmm' date=' maybe it was brown then. Does it have a deer on the bottle?

I only had it once and i can still taste it.[/quote']

It's the black absinth you need to look out for - I had a shot of that in Spain 2 years ago and can still taste it LOL.

As far as a weekly amount of alcohol for me goes, it's usualy 7-8 pints, 4-5 JD and cokes. I used to drink a lot more but recently I've started to find myself drinking less and getting pissed quicker! Maybe that absinth has fucked me up in ways unknown to me!

Guest MDP
Just don't do what we did to a friend of mine...we persuaded him to drink a bottle of buckfast with red bull. It didn't taste that bad' date=' but what he didn't know was that we poured out a fair bit beforehand and filled it with straight vodka :D[/quote']

That would only be funny if it was caimie...:up:

Why on earth?!

it doesn't taste that bad, and it's reasonably cheap and full of caffiene. thus it gets you in a dancing mood. i don't drink it all the time, though i do know people who would burn you for wasting buckfast by pouring it out and replacing it with vodka. tsk tsk.

a good combination is buckfast and champagne, otherwise known as a velvet elvis. very tasty :)

Guest bluesxman
Again too much.

About 8 cocktails and 3 shots of tequila is a good average for a friday night out...

Were you in The Bassment drinking said cocktails about 8 on Friday night wearing a polka dotty top?

Guest bluesxman

Depending on pace of drinking, I will possibly start off with 2 - 3 pints lager then move onto Becks, probably about 10 bottles for the night if out late. Sometimes force myself onto nips if pub crawl is too frantic to keep up on beers although I can drink them pretty quick. Unfortunately my body's recycling facilities don't keep up and I feel like beer is sloshing around just below my throat after a while.

Trying to keep to one possibly 2 nights out a week these days but loads of stag do's and so on lately have meant I have drunk hideous amounts over the past month, with more to come this Saturday.....my current waistline is testament to this. :down:

Hmm' date=' maybe it was brown then. Does it have a deer on the bottle?[/quote']

aye that's the stuff. lovely!

i've found that buckfast makes a lot of people violent or at least more violent than they would normally be.

these days i probably have about 2 units most weeks because i'm trying to get in shape but occasionally i do go on a bender and wreck myself.

flash, how long were you drinking 100 units a week for? that's some seriously heavy shit!

i have a friend who drank so much for so long that he was hospitalised and turned yellow. what a guy! that shit is bound to catch up on you as you get older!

/x

Depends really' date=' I chop and change drink, Morgans rum one week and Tenents Lager the next, I'd say if its the rum, probably about 15 nips, if its the lager maybe 8 halfs (its probably a lot more) this are the approx qty if I'm out once or twice a week, I don't drink in the house (boring I know) mind you i did have a beer in the backie yesterday as it was just glorious outside.

:cheers:

What about you Hog?[/quote']

Ah, well, it varies from week to week. Probably a good average is 3 bottles of red wine per week.

Far too much, but I'm giving up a lot a lot. Usually I drink about 5 double vodka and cranberrys in Archie's, then stop off in Priory for a Purple Rain, usually followed by another vodka mixer, then have a bottle of white wine in Exodus.

But yeah, I'm tired of getting drunk. All I ever do is make an idiot out of myself and forget most of the night.

As a student, I do believe I drink too much. However, I think I cut down from when I was in school or my gap year at home, when there was absolutely nothing to do except drink alcohol. I'll drink crate of 24 beers in a couple of weeks just with dinner etc, go to pub a couple of times just for crack so stick 6-7 pints on there, head out twice a week - consuming beers, shots, Morgans, JD, the odd malt and of course the legendary Jagermeister - so all together far too much. Ok maybe I do drink more now. I am going to have a sober summer I think, my liver needs it. I shall watch the world cup with orange squash.

Depends. Used to be a mega drinker until it started seriously endangering my health. To the point where I was in the position of maybe only having a few more weeks left to live! :( Then I had to stop totally for a couple of years to give by system a chance to recover & now, I often don't drink at all for long periods but on a night-out, I may have a drink or two, it really does not matter anymore.

Ocasionally tho, I will have a night off the wagon completely & get utterly plastered. Like on Saturday. Good night but the next day, OW! :D

Depends. Used to be a mega drinker until it started seriously endangering my health. To the point where I was in the position of maybe only having a few more weeks left to live! :( Then I had to stop totally for a couple of years to give by

Fuck, that's pretty severe!o_O