aberdeen-music

Worst audience ever

Uncle Mog

Was anyone else at the lemon tree on friday night for King Creosote, Akron/Family etc? The audience there was an embarassment, the worst audience I've had the misfortune of being in. Half the place would just not shut up, I was down near the front and I still had trouble hearing some of the gig. Both KC and akron/family seemed pretty pissed off about it and mentioned it. I've not heard akron/family before but it seemed like they tried to get rid of half the audience when noone would shut up which was quite amusing but the constant chatting by so many people really spoiled the night for me I'm afraid.

Was anyone else at the lemon tree on friday night for King Creosote' date=' Akron/Family etc? The audience there was an embarassment, the worst audience I've had the misfortune of being in. Half the place would just not shut up, I was down near the front and I still had trouble hearing some of the gig. Both KC and akron/family seemed pretty pissed off about it and mentioned it. I've not heard akron/family before but it seemed like they tried to get rid of half the audience when noone would shut up which was quite amusing but the constant chatting by so many people really spoiled the night for me I'm afraid.[/quote']

Wasn't there, but it sounds like it was the same mob who frequent the local cinemas in Aberdeen.

These c***s don't go to the cinema/gigs to watch a movie or listen to a band, they go there to: -

• eat as much junk food as they can get theire pigs snouts round - and as noisily as possible
  • chat on or fanny about with mobile phones
  • yap loudly and incessantly to the chav/chavette sitting next to them
  • rumble about contantly, kicking the back of the seat in front/blocking someone's view/getting up for more trough or endless pishes

C***S :swearing:

Sorry the gig was ruined for you - I wasn't there, but I know just how you feel.

Who fancies starting a gig/concert/cinema vigilante squad who have the authority and power to takes these pigs outside and baseball-bat them to death ????

DZL

Wasn't there' date=' but it sounds like it was the same mob who frequent the local cinemas in Aberdeen.

These c***s don't go to the cinema/gigs to watch a movie or listen to a band, they go there to: -

[list']

[*]eat as much junk food as they can get theire pigs snouts round - and as noisily as possible

[*]chat on or fanny about with mobile phones

[*]yap loudly and incessantly to the chav/chavette sitting next to them

[*]rumble about contantly, kicking the back of the seat in front/blocking someone's view/getting up for more trough or endless pishes

DZL

You missed out forgetting to switch their mobile phone off, and when it rings, still dont bother switching it off, meaing the whole cinema has to listen to their James Blunt ringtone until it goes to answerphone.

Was anyone else at the lemon tree on friday night for King Creosote' date=' Akron/Family etc? The audience there was an embarassment, the worst audience I've had the misfortune of being in. Half the place would just not shut up, I was down near the front and I still had trouble hearing some of the gig. Both KC and akron/family seemed pretty pissed off about it and mentioned it. I've not heard akron/family before but it seemed like they tried to get rid of half the audience when noone would shut up which was quite amusing but the constant chatting by so many people really spoiled the night for me I'm afraid.[/quote']

Dunno about the worst ever, but it was pretty bad. I thought King Creosote were class when Kenny sat down and they all just played the same bit over and over again, saying 'we can do this all night, or you can shut up...'

I too was near the front, standing just behind the people sitting down, which was fine, until some weird couple beside me decided they didn't like this and went and stood right at the front blocking the sitters' view. They brassed it for a few minutes before realising they were in imminent danger of a kicking and shuffled back again to some very hard stares. Tw@ts.

Still a fantastic gig though.

A great deal of the LT audience were most likely those that very rarely go to gigs, only go if their mates go, only go if it is backed by a large sponsor and therefore soooo much better than anything that happens weekly, don't actually give a fuck about music but it was a cool gig to go to, there to be seen there coz its said 'cool' gig oh and 'selfish fucks'. Pretty much about 90% of the audience for T In The Park!

Long gone are the days when the staff at 'some' venues, and also the cinema, would actually give a fuck and do something for those that paid money to be entertained by music or a film. I rarely go to the cinema, or choose to go in the day, because of the fear of murdering people...

Jim

Aye, for one thing plenty of folk have paid good money to go and see it and secondly its totally disrespectful to the performer. I just hope it doesn't put these bands off coming back to aberdeen cos it really was that bad, I felt embarassed to be part of the audience

The heckling during KC was plain embarrassing as well. Absolutely no need for it.

Word of advice - if you don't like the band, just fuck off and don't spoil it for others eh.

One of the worst audiences I've encountered in Aberdeen along with Jose Gonzales the previous night. (re JG - the chattering was probably due to the vast majority of people not being able to see anything on stage at Moshulu)

unfortunately this comes with the high profile of such events

roll with a punch' date=' do a chilli, dont be embarrased - pipe up and SHHHHHHH as loud as you can[/quote']

Chilli was right next to me as it goes, in fine shushing form. Along with a particularly fine "Sit down, ye dick!"...

Guest MDP

i'll never forgett mr chillie at faust... after about half an hour os "SHHHHHHH!" he eventually stood up and shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP" made me laugh. nevertheless, he has a point, every remotley-accoustic-ee gig i have been to lately have been spoiled by folk chatting too loudly, and generally not being intereasted.

after reading threads like this about every tryptichtchtchythicht(or however you spell it) gig, i am glad i didnt waste my money going to them :down:

something really has to be done about this, as it is ruining gigs for the majority of people who actually care about the music.

I'd probably happily strike Aberdeen off my list if I was a pissed off performer.

Certain gigs have been getting better of late but as Maxi says the high profile stuff always attracts shite. Worst ever, mentioned before on these boards, was Lone Pigeon at Drake's and apprently the bams were fans. The lines of whatever substance they took before going out likely didn't help them to 'not be' obnoxious annoying cunts! The looks of 'whaaaaat are we doing wrong?' when I sent in the bouncer to shoooosh them summed them up...

Seen it on several occasions when Kathyrn Sawer has played the Tunnels, her music deserves nothing less than an eerie silence from the audience.

Sorry your gig was spoilt, some people are selfish fuckers who shouldn't even be at gigs.

(re JG - the chattering was probably due to the vast majority of people not being able to see anything on stage at Moshulu)

You could put him on in someone's living room and a lot of the people that attended that gig would still chat all the way through it and probably have Eastenders on mute with subtitles on the TV behind him.

Worst ever' date=' mentioned before on these boards, was Lone Pigeon at Drake's and apprently the bams were fans. The lines of whatever substance they took before going out likely didn't help them to 'not be' obnoxious annoying cunts! The looks of 'whaaaaat are we doing wrong?' when I sent in the bouncer to shoooosh them summed them up...[/quote']

Funnily enough, Chilli and I were discussing that very gig on Friday. Ironic really, what with Lone Pigeon being King Creosote's brother.

This is becoming more and more of a major problem at gigs. The venues should seriously consider having some form of policy of disruption involved with folk talking too loud over a live act and ruining everyone elses night.

It's quite bizarre, as if you spoke loudly during any of the performances in the aberdeen jazz festival, you would fucking know about it. During Graeme Stephen, pretty much everyone respected the performance for what it was worth, and left in awe about how fantastic it really was. The crowd were so respectable, and it's a pity that such crowds aren't around more often at gigs.

taken from the lemon tree website -

We reserve the right to refuse admission to the holder if in our reasonable opinion admission of the holder to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or the holder, and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running order of the concert - e.g. if the holder appears under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively and/or is causing undue noise to the detriment of the performance.

taken from the lemon tree website -

We reserve the right to refuse admission to the holder if in our reasonable opinion admission of the holder to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or the holder' date=' [b']and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running order of the concert - e.g. if the holder appears under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively and/or is causing undue noise to the detriment of the performance.

Perhaps it is merely a case of "we have your money, we don't give a fuck about anything else, but buy some drink from our extortionately overpriced bar".

I was there on friday night and it was an amazing gig, but I was really pissed none of the Option One staff stepped in to shut people up. There were a good number of Lemon Tree staff in the audience apart from myself and we were getting a bit fed up with it.

Considering how many times the bar staff at The Tree are told to keep the volume down by Option One during quiet gigs it seems a bit much that it was left to the band on stage to say something.

Perhaps it is merely a case of "we have your money' date=' we don't give a fuck about anything else, but buy some drink from our extortionately overpriced bar".[/quote']

Sigh. Not really, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a venue anywhere that thinks that. And I'm going to say *again* that that bar isn't that over priced compared to other places, let's not forget that Moshulu actually have 'gig prices' which seems deeply unfair to me.

Sigh. Not really' date=' I think you'll be hard pressed to find a venue anywhere that thinks that. And I'm going to say *again* that that bar isn't that over priced compared to other places, let's not forget that Moshulu actually have 'gig prices' which seems deeply unfair to me.[/quote']

Obviously they aren't directly thinking that, but at the end of the day, if they are going to accept people's money for tickets to the gigs they put on, then they could at least stick to their policies.

This is becoming more and more of a major problem at gigs. The venues should seriously consider having some form of policy of disruption involved with folk talking too loud over a live act and ruining everyone elses night.

It's quite bizarre' date=' as if you spoke loudly during any of the performances in the aberdeen jazz festival, you would fucking know about it. During Graeme Stephen, pretty much everyone respected the performance for what it was worth, and left in awe about how fantastic it really was. The crowd were so respectable, and it's a pity that such crowds aren't around more often at gigs.[/quote']

that was the exact same at mario caribe, the atmosphere was just so respectful of the music and it really added to the night. Unlike these fucking nights full of chatting. :swearing: