aberdeen-music

Dance Music

cutie claire

Guest Phantomsmasher

I'm not too keen on mainstream dance per say, but I am a fan of quite a lot of the vairious electronic genre's i've been exposed to thus far.

Would love a list of nights which covered the genre's...

Here's a list of relevent nights at Snafu:

Mondays - House/Electro/Disco with DJ Jordon and Esamba on bongos.

1st Friday of Month - Martin Jay (Estaminet/GoodFoot) with house, electro, disco, soul and other grooving rarities.

2nd Friday - Housework, house and electro with Leeroy (Prodigy) coming up in June. Residents are Trigo and Kev Cruikshank.

3rd Friday - Girls On Top, house and electro with Jo-D and Hooker Barbie.

4th Friday - Radio Skool, hip-hop and electronic beats from Dee J A'La Fu and Quid Pro Quo.

Saturdays - Deepiain aka Funky Transport. If you, like myself, are partial to Chicago house, then I definitely recommend this one. Various guests drop by such as Q-Burns, Jake Childs (May), the Greenskeepers (live - also May) and Gene Farris.

Check out www.clubsnafu.com for listings, etc. We'll soon be adding Gene Farris, Unabombers, Blackbeard, Stevie Sole (Sole Music, Glasgow) and Harri (Sub Club) to our list of residents.

Hey there' date=' I am just wondering what does everyone thnk of dacne music?[/quote']

i think that depends on how you define dance music.

do you mean the poppy mainstream dance stuff such as Fatboy Slim or Massive Attack, or the dance-artist stuff like um...the stuff Madonna churns out these days or do you mean the disco/r&b/revival dance music like Jamiroquai? or maybe techno or even speedcore?

i think you need to be more specific...

EDIT: and i havent even gotten into the darker/alternative stuff like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher. though the latter might even fall into "rave" which i think can also be considered as a sub-genre of dance...

dance music is what the cat dragged in.

of couse only if your referring to the stuff that has a constant thudding bassline and predictable sound effects to accompany this.

that`s techno. it`s the hardcore equivilant for dance music.

Guest Phantomsmasher
Dance music automatically means it isn't a good club

Same could be said for 'rock' music.

I think from the recomendations I might check out Snafu or Lo Down if out and about... need a breath of fresh air from the usual routine.

Dance music automatically means it isn't a good club

Not if that's what you're looking for, which is what cutie claire, who posted this thread, was interested in.

Never ceases to amaze me why people with no interest in, or knowedge of, a subject would want to stick their tuppence in. Why would you waste your time doing that? ?(

I agree with lunik, if you don't like dance music why did you bother reading the post? And why waste valuable seconds of your life criticising it to people who are actually trying to discuss it? I fucking hate metal, which is why when I see a post about metal I just don't bother reading it.

Guest Neubeatz

Stereotypyednessabounds

Dance Music Is Gay

Hip Hop Is 4 Black Americans

Rock Is 4 White Anglo Saxon Protestants

What a croc..............:(

EL EF OH! and Plaid - Squance are class dance tunes. Anything by Orbital (before and including In Sides) and early Aphex too (although I prefer RDJ album era stuff but I wouldn't really recommend trying to dance to it).

Haven't really found anywhere i REALLY like in Aberdeen yet. Tunnels is good for live bands, Kef has a decent vibe too.