aberdeen-music

Mumps

Metarie

Meh. I have the mumps. It's shitty and painful and is probably going to prevent me from seeing The Dresden Dolls in Glasgow on Friday :swearing:

I need ideas to keep me occupied and how to ease the pain bearing in mind I'm under house arrest and can't eat anything solid. On the plus side I'm probably going to lose that last half stone that's been hanging around, whoo!

And anyone who I've come into contact with over the last week - be careful, theres a good chance I might have infected you if you didn't get your booster jab a few years ago. And if you're a guy it can be especially bad ;)

Mumps can be treated internally with a combination of echinacea, clover, chamomile, and peppermint. Externally, fresh chopped ginger applied as a compress can alleviate the pain of the swelling. Gentle massage of the swollen areas with chamomile oil is also beneficial. Inhaling eucalyptus oil also helps.

www.naturalark.com/children.html

I got your back

it probably did contain the vaccine but folk who are in their late teens/early twenties might require a booster because you grow out of the immunisation or something.

Thanks guys. I'll look into the homeopathic stuff.

I've finished The OC Rach, it's been very helpful this last week, a helpful remedy for a bruised ego and a childhood illness :D Gonna move on to SaTC and Pride and Prejudice now. With ice cream :up:

I'll send an email to my tutors and stuff telling them what's wrong and let them know if it is actually mumps when I get the blood test.

I also have Nip/Tuck 1/2' date=' Scrubs 1-3 and Charmed 1-5 should you run out of SATC and P&P goodness...

With any vaccine you are only immune for a certain amount of time (usually 10 years) so you require a booster each time that period lapses.[/color']

I could totally get into Charmed...

At least now I'll be completely immune from it. There's always a silver lining i suppose.

It's not all bad' date=' they make your balls double in size so get yerself a pair of tight jeans and get out there![/quote']

:laughing:

Love it. If I've infected any guys then I'll pass on those wise words. All that's happened to me so far is that my *face* is double the size it is normally and that's not hot in the slightest. Now I know what I'd look like if I was fat.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It's not all bad' date=' they make your balls double in size so get yerself a pair of tight jeans and get out there![/quote']

As does a vasectomy, which is a living hell if the stitches burst. Ouch.

it probably did contain the vaccine but folk who are in their late teens/early twenties might require a booster because you grow out of the immunisation or something..

nah they actually fucked up with a heap of us.

they discovered this a few years ago. i got mumps during my exams in 6th year. took 5 doctors and a nurse to figure out what was wrong with me cause none of them had seen mumps before.

i got the MMR jab when i was like two... the year below me all then got a second dose when they were like 3 or something. (which we found out cause ryan didnt need anymore jabs and i didnt give him mumps)

but they realised when i was in P4 that everyone needed more vacine but they only gave us it for measales and rubela (my spelling sucks) cause me and my sister got it at school and our cards had one M scored out and they traced it back and found out that everyone didnt get a second dose of mumps cause at the time they thought only one was needed.

but they were wrong. and thats why so many people keep getting mumps and its just people our age that need to get more jabs. folk younger are fine.

but i feel for you. it sucks. but the swelling only lasts for 3 days or so. 5 tops. its just crap when your contageous for like 11 days after it but yet you feel fine.