aberdeen-music

Jose at Moshulu

spbear5

Three points about last night:

1 Did nobody at Moshulu think to check that, apart from the front row, and freakishly tall people, nobody could see the guy play?! A taller stool would have been nice, or a raised part on the stage. Quote from a friend: "That's the most beautiful music I've ever heard a spotlight play"

2 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Liquid Room gig in February, the place was silent when he played and the atmosphere that created was fantastic. Last night was all natter natter natter, real bloody shame!! :down:

3 He was superb though, all that touring's paid off, nae mistakes this time :love:

I agree about not being able to see him being anooying. He played great though.

I arrived to see the first band but Midaircondo were absolutely fantastic. A huge suprise as it really wasn't what i would have expected to be supporting. I'll definitely be getting their album as soon as i can. Totally awesome, I was completely mezmerised.

It's pretty annoying and inconsiderate when it's people right at the front talking during the songs, not a big deal if someone is way up the back talking.

I remember I went to a Sunn0))) gig with Brian Blessed and he kept talking all the way through the gig, noone could hear them play over his voice so they eventually stormed off stage.

• Upvote 1

2 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Liquid Room gig in February' date=' the place was silent when he played and the atmosphere that created was fantastic. Last night was all natter natter natter, real bloody shame!! :down:[/quote']

Would that February gig have been before 'Heartbeats' was all over the radio then?

Yeah, moshulu just really wasnt a good choice for this type of concert.

I saw his head a few times, but that was about it. I was there for the music however & he was playing for me when i closed my eyes.

The support act i saw, the second one, midaircondo? Where terrible, absolutely awful...Thats music apparently ?(

It's pretty annoying and inconsiderate when it's people right at the front talking during the songs' date=' not a big deal if someone is way up the back talking.

I remember I went to a Sunn0))) gig with Brian Blessed and he kept talking all the way through the gig, noone could hear them play over his voice so they eventually stormed off stage.[/quote']

Best. Post. Ever.

i am surprised that so many folk are complaining about thebackground chat cause i felt like the only one not doing it! 2 glaswegians girls particularily annoyed me...they were shouting not chatting! I thought it was a poor set for the money but he is good at what he does. Both supports were truely awful

Would that February gig have been before 'Heartbeats' was all over the radio then?

Yep. First heard the album on Xmas day, it just blew me right away. :love: I bet the poor sod is utterly sick of playing/hearing it by now though, he's been solid touring for months. Did hear a couple of new songs in the set, bodes well for his next release. :up:

Yep. First heard the album on Xmas day' date=' it just blew me right away. :love: I bet the poor sod is utterly sick of playing/hearing it by now though, he's been solid touring for months. Did hear a couple of new songs in the set, bodes well for his next release. :up:[/quote']

Actually, and I'd have thought the same as you regarding 'heartbeats' but he played it for like 35 minutes in soundcheck, so there ya go..

Actually' date=' and I'd have thought the same as you regarding 'heartbeats' but he played it for like 35 minutes in soundcheck, so there ya go..[/quote']

Heartbeats, what a song like. Not even saturation airplay can tire me of it. :love: Has anybody heard the original version? Had a look for it online but no joy.

Heartbeats' date=' what a song like. Not even saturation airplay can tire me of it. :love: Has anybody heard the original version? Had a look for it online but no joy.[/quote']

It's the opening track on The Knife's album 'Deep Cuts'. And contrary to some opinions I've heard is a hell of let better than Gonzalez's version. Some other astonishing tunes on there and on the new album 'Silent Shout' too.

It's the opening track on The Knife's album 'Deep Cuts'. And contrary to some opinions I've heard is a hell of let better than Gonzalez's version. Some other astonishing tunes on there and on the new album 'Silent Shout' too.

I've just listened to it, and it was the last thing I expected to hear!! The two versions are so different it's surely unfair for anyone to compare them,I like them both. And as a guitar botherer, I have to take my hat off to Jose for his interpretation of it like. :up: