aberdeen-music

Fopp of the Flopps

koolsville

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I just wanted to air this moan.

I saw this 10 CD box set in Fopp' date=' only 7 quid! (bargain) But the box had a dented corner and it was the last one.

I asked the bloke at the till if I could get a quid off 'cos it was damaged and he refused.

Am I being unreasonable or was he?[/quote']

I don't know about unreasonable, but you were miserable, stingy and generally tighter than a whale's arsehole. 10 CD's for 7, fuck's sake, what more could you ask for? I'd have banned you for life, this tight-fistedness gives me the fucking dry boak.

Guest bluesxman

FOPP has always seemed to have 5 general categories for CD's pricing -

3 quid deals on lots of unsellable shit CD's with the occasional gem to be found that makes you think you just got deal of the century.

5 quid selections that usually mean not being able to leave without buying at least one bargain or deciding to upgrade stuff you bought years ago on vinyl or cassette to CD.

7-8 quid selections that either 1. piss you off because you recently paid top whack for it, 2. make you realise the band must be going through a resurge in popularity or have a new album out as the CD in question was previously available at a fiver or 3. despite only being a couple of quid more than you would happily pay, just seem that wee bit too much.

10 quid-ish new releases.

Insaneville back catalogue prices.