aberdeen-music

What a twat

Uncle Mog

So now that some people are bored of talking about '66 (which I thought would never happen) they'll begin boasting about '45?

In the last two days I have heard 6 mentions of Englands world cup victory on television!!

It was only 40 fuckin years ago mind you...

i try to avoid football as much as possibly generally but i too am constantly reminded of England's win in 1966. However, they rarely mention that Scotland beat England comprehensively the following year - in fact the game was so easy that some Scottish players even did keepy-ups down the side lines!!

i try to avoid football as much as possibly generally but i too am constantly reminded of England's win in 1966. However' date=' they rarely mention that Scotland beat England comprehensively the following year - in fact the game was so easy that some Scottish players even did keepy-ups down the side lines!![/quote']

People would possibly mention that monumental 'achivement' a little more, if Scotland made it through to the finals of any major competition and would therefore worth talking about.

People would possibly mention that monumental 'achivement' a little more' date=' if Scotland made it through to the finals of any major competition and would therefore worth talking about.[/quote']

You just shut up, at least we give it a go and get called Bravehearts at the end of every qualifying run. As for the 1966 thing, I really don't care that they mention it anymore and I for one will be supporting England (would be a bit hypocritical being a Spurs fan, whose players make up most of the team:gringo: ).

P.S. Both the Embrace and Darkness are a pile of shite

england is a pretty dung country. anyone fancy a 'fuck the english' thread so we can share our reasons why?

/x

Nah man, I bought into all the "fuck the english" shit when I was a kid. But nowadays, I'm very much of the opinion they're no different than anyone - some of them are sound as fuck, some of them are dicks. The above idea wouldn't serve to create anything, other than a pointless relay of racist insults being tossed back and forth.

Andy

Well' date=' tell me this; which part of "fuck the English" do you find funny?[/quote']

I've fucked a few English in my day, and Irish, Welsh, German, Dutch...in fact I didn't much care where she was from......

Some times things need to be taken in the manner intended.....Its sad that you need these...:up::down: 8) o_O to make it clear that its meant in jest.

I've fucked a few English in my day' date=' and Irish, Welsh, German, Dutch...in fact I didn't much care where she was from......

Some times things need to be taken in the manner intended.....Its sad that you need these...:up::down: 8) o_O to make it clear that its meant in jest.[/quote']

The fact remains that the written language is just far too subtle for many readers to spot that the intention is light-hearted. In two seconds flat we'll have the usual flamefest: You're a racist! No I'm not, it's a laugh I'm nice!; blah blah blah. But please shut up about 1966 and 1967. Fercryssake, forty years ago?

Guest neil ex

Here Dave, I've nothing against the English, but I'll say fuck the English football team. I don't actually mind them that much at the moment though. I used to always want them to lose, but I'm not too bothered now. I'm sure I'll get into the spirit of things though once the World Cup starts. Nothing wrong with a bit of sporting rivalry.

Just to remind everyone of Aberdeen's fantastic achievements in the 80s..

williemiller5ex.jpg

I think you need a humour transfusion......o_O

Sorry, but I'm with this Dave fella on this one. As an english person living on Scotland I've been subjected to my fair of 'racism' or whatever you want to call it. It maybe a joke when between friends, but not when it's a bunch of strangers on a forum.

Sorry' date=' but I'm with this Dave fella on this one. As an english person living on Scotland I've been subjected to my fair of 'racism' or whatever you want to call it. It maybe a joke when between friends, but not when it's a bunch of strangers on a forum.[/quote']

Can you give an example of what you have perceived as racism you have encountered while living in Scotland.....

I only ask because during my spells living and working in England the natives felt it was fine to call me jock rather than bother their arse to learn my name, and the constant remarks like "where's your kilt", "sorry we dont serve haggis" and "is it true you prefer sheep to women" got a bit wearing but I at no time regarded them as racist....should I have?

people need to get an ounce in the blender here. i was bantering. quite clearly we don't need a thread where we can make negative comments about the english. i have nothing against the nglish. my dad is english. as G says, it's sad that i need to put a line of rofl's and lollzers and stupid fucking faces so people dont assume i'm being serious!

/x

p.s. fuck the english o_O :up::swearing::princess::gringo: 8) :popcorn::down::love: ?(