aberdeen-music

Truck 9 lineup announced

mmd040

65daysofstatic' date=' Alva, Anat Ben David, Buck 65, Chicks On Speed, Chris McMath, Chris T-T, Colony, Emmy The Great, Fell City Girl, Foals, Forward, Russia!, Gaptooth, Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly, Goldrush (TBC), Harlette, Hundred Reasons, Jakoyak, Jetplane Landing, Katchafire, KTB, Manic Cough, Morrison Steam Fayre, My Mayo Mai, Mystery Jets, nervous test_pilot, Ninja Banjo Handjob, Persil, Piney Gir's Country Roadshow, Rachael Dadd, Rebecca Mosley, Regina Spektor, Seth Lakeman, Shimura Curves, Skindred, Sow, Suitable Case For Treatment, The Black Madonnas, The Dusty Sound System, The Epstein, The Lodge, The Madeleines, The Neutrinos, The Organ, The Research, The September Girls, The Schla La Las, The Sound Movement, The Tyde, The Walkoff, The Young Knives, Thomas Truax, Tim Victor, Toob, Tough Love, Total Science, Trademark, Xmas Lights, Youthmovies

Awesome line-up. Has to be said.[/quote']

Christ I'm old!!!

I know NONE of these bands!

Oh well, it'll be slippers and bath salts for Xmas this year o_O

DZL

I would have went to see a band with this name alone. Where does it take place? Why is it sold out so quick?

Steventon, slightly south of Oxford. Each yeah it just gets more and more popular, but the ethos has remained unchanged - It's all for charitee, the local vicar sells sweets and ice cream to fund repairs to the church and the local rotary club cook you your burgers. It all takes place on the farm where the Truck Records studio is, one of the festival stages is even in the cow-shed.

As for why it sells out to quickly, I think it's just got a good reputation for supporting local bands, a great wee atmosphere that's not the dwarfing size of the other summer players and the line-ups are always a fun thing full of suprises. This year I imagine the lack of a Glastonbury has ensured it sold out waaaay before any hint of a line-up was announced.

Been a couple of years now, this will be the third visit - Pretty handy as it's the weekend before the Cambridge Folk Festival.

I'm going to get myself ready to buy tickets for next year well in advance... the line-ups have always been very good.

nullmouse... keep me posted on when the tickets for next year go on sale... purdy please :D

Will do! It's usually around March they go on sale, but we keep a constant eye open. For around 40 (camping included) it's one of the best deals for a festival, too!