aberdeen-music

Mastering - Contact for Mike Diguid?

Steve_Start

Adobe Audition and trying to hear the volume of everything then burning the cd and playing it in my car (good way to test lol)

Never used that program.

If you think the mix sounds fine then put this through izone and do some tweeking to the stereo field of the sound,dynamics, Harmonic en read the manual for some instuctions. This should give the final mix down. After this i put it through har bal. In here i take the level of the whole mix up just under 0 DB then a slight adjustment maybe to the eq and add some air. This can then be burnt to cd or mp3 or what ever format you want. Give it a go you will have amazing results im sure.

Is there a chance i can listen to your recording?

Then i can advise you on what i think.

I have been to your space and had a listen.

Where were these recorded?

There is a lot of good things here the songs them self and some good recordings but there are some that i is not i dont feel they do you any justice. Some things are really good and then the next thing its like Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Just my opinion.

You could send me a track maybe to see what i can do and for my own benifit to learn. As i said many times before this is a learning curve and the more hands on the better.

Malt mill don't know if they still do. It was £60 to the band if they had there own pa if not £20.

Maybe things have changed. Since i was there.

Don't think they do' date=' though I haven't been in the place for ages.

I know its a two way thing. Just a shame the moneys not.

The money is, though.

I don't know how recent your experiences are, but if any venues in Aberdeen are making a killing from bands, I'd be very, very surprised. Once expenses are covered, I'd be surprised if there was much, if anything left over.

I dont know about the likes of some places that have to pay for sound guy. But for example the malt mill. New band comes in set up sound check there selfs. Ok maybe it wont be the best sound but its there first gig and they have told everyone they know. Bar is full the till is full but the band are bankrupt.

Would the tills takens on the night not be a better way of working out paying the bands.

A band plays 1 night they are a well know act. Its a weekend night the bar till takes in what ever. Then a local band play the house is full of mates bar takens at the till are more than the other act.

How can you pay the first act more money.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We don't pay the bands anything, and we do not take a cut of the door money either. The promoter takes the door money and pays the bands plus cover their own expenses. None of them are rich, in fact I'd describe most of them as breadline.

But for every gig we require 1 extra bar person, and a sound engineer... despite typically taking less over the bar than we would with a DJ. At the current rate then our PA, backline, and band accomodation flat will have paid for themselves by sometime in the 22nd Century. £12 for a rehersal a pack oif guitar strings, half price beer all night, extra sex appeal, and free accomodation seems like a much better deal in comparison.

I don't see what the problem is with Tom's 3 hour deal either, actually sounds like a quite good thing to me. It's helping bands.

The more i listen the more i like Feels like the bomb.

Now this recorded in a top quality recording studio would be up there with the likes of muse.

Phew, cheers!

Tell Stuart Maxwell that, he would implode lol.

Yeah, if I could send you a tune that would be awesome, thanks man:up:

I though so.

I did not think it was the 3 hour deal it sounds too good for that.

You took the more expensive way. Hope this did not break the bank.

Pay £200 for a demo cd to get a gig that pays £20. Sign up here.:stupid:

Nah mate Filthpact are more than in control of our finances, after 2 European and several UK tours we'd have to be...

Anyone got a contact number for Mike Diguid (think thats how u spell it) regards mastering?

Also/if not is there anyone that u can recommend for mastering?

Cheers

Steve

Mike D is a member of the site, but haven't seen him post for a while.

How many tracks are you looking to have mastered ?

Send me one track and I'll master it for free...