aberdeen-music

new musical movement

with compliments

this project is for those who feel jaded by the current music trends, those of you who love music, those who don't want to see music classified by one tiny lyric or by the clothes that they wear, those who want to try something different to what they usually do. It's not only about making music though, it's about letting it be what it's meant to be. It's not meant to be about the clothes you wear or the bands you like or the kind of instrument you own or how well you play. It's meant to be about good times, making your voice heard and letting everybody join in. I'll cut and paste the rest from our myspace cause i've typed basically the same thing thrice today.

from our myspace:

We aren't just making music and hoping people like us. We are going,out there and MAKING people listen to us. I'm planning guerrila gigs, mass jamming, a massive campaign, along with just normal gigs too otherwise were not going to be taken seriously. i want to be able to have a stage packed to the brim with people all having fun and jumping around. This whole projects about showing up bands that take themselves and others around them too seriously and condemning all others who confine themselves to a genre or stereotype. We're liberating the music. I want to put the idea into peoples heads that music doesnt have to just be about being into good music. It doesn't have to be about sounding like you heroes, it doesn't have to be about looking cool, sounding, being or living cool, it can be just about having a good time. Music doesn't have to be taken seriously. This bands aim is to bring musicians from all over the place, established bands, beginners, young folk, young adults, old rockers, dj's, guitarists, saxophonists, pianists triangletrons, EVERYONE, to make good music, good time music, and be an ever changing supply of exciting new sounds, old, classic, retro sounds, just good f***ing music. that envolves everyone. we are not elitist! we will take you on board if all you can do is jump up and down. in fact be our friend and it gives you the right to come on stage with us and jump around like an idiot as long as your diggin the music thats all that matters. just send us a friend request and we'll let you know whats happening and get you involved. even if you just support the cause add us and we'll keep you updated on all the new developments. pass it on.

contact details : lo_bob_lo@hotmail.co.uk

www.myspace.com/withourcompliments

this project is for those who feel jaded by the current music trends' date=' those of you who love music, those who don't want to see music classified by one tiny lyric or by the clothes that they wear, those who want to try something different to what they usually do. It's not only about making music though, it's about letting it be what it's meant to be. It's not meant to be about the clothes you wear or the bands you like or the kind of instrument you own or how well you play. It's meant to be about good times, making your voice heard and letting everybody join in. I'll cut and paste the rest from our myspace cause i've typed basically the same thing thrice today.

from our myspace:

We aren't just making music and hoping people like us. We are going,out there and MAKING people listen to us. I'm planning guerrila gigs, mass jamming, a massive campaign, along with just normal gigs too otherwise were not going to be taken seriously. i want to be able to have a stage packed to the brim with people all having fun and jumping around. This whole projects about showing up bands that take themselves and others around them too seriously and condemning all others who confine themselves to a genre or stereotype. We're liberating the music. I want to put the idea into peoples heads that music doesnt have to just be about being into good music. It doesn't have to be about sounding like you heroes, it doesn't have to be about looking cool, sounding, being or living cool, it can be just about having a good time. Music doesn't have to be taken seriously. This bands aim is to bring musicians from all over the place, established bands, beginners, young folk, young adults, old rockers, dj's, guitarists, saxophonists, pianists triangletrons, EVERYONE, to make good music, good time music, and be an ever changing supply of exciting new sounds, old, classic, retro sounds, just good f***ing music. that envolves everyone. we are not elitist! we will take you on board if all you can do is jump up and down. in fact be our friend and it gives you the right to come on stage with us and jump around like an idiot as long as your diggin the music thats all that matters. just send us a friend request and we'll let you know whats happening and get you involved. even if you just support the cause add us and we'll keep you updated on all the new developments. pass it on.

contact details : [email']lo_bob_lo@hotmail.co.uk

01309 671 959

Off topic a bit, but I would recommend taking your phone number out of your post. There are a lot of weird people out there.

Guest Neubeatz
thats strange because everytime i log on here i get this horrible feeling in my gut' date=' [i']like impending doom. I only registered to get the project heard so hopefully it will pass.

Ok, I understand that, so do I...o_O , It will pass, anyway, do you have any non myspace links to listen,

:)

A project has too many musicians' date=' most with no actual talent. Similar to a 'collective'.:up:[/quote']

Once we have music uploaded you can post as many comments about our abilities as you like, until then we would appreciate it if people could be a little less negative.

Anyway, Newbeatz, in answer to your question, we are currently in the process of writing/development, but once we have any tracks recorded then we will upload them onto our Myspace.

And our project, Dave Officer, is a collaboration between currently gigging bands, those in development, accomplished musicians and most importantly, the audience.

Generally speaking a band is comprised of a core group of musicians who play together under a collective name (of course with the occasional line-up changes) whereas our project is of a changing disposition, any two songs might contain completely different musicians, there is no attempt to retain an individual lead over proceedings.

Thanks for your interest

With Compliments, Matt

Your opinions are valid unto yourself but we're not looking for musicians who criticise fellow players.

I don't think I'd want to be in a collective where there was no quality control coming from my bandmates.

edit: Sorry, slightly critical. I gotta say though, the idea sounds generally very awesome. Best of luck! Although a bit of a Zappa figure in the proceedings could keep things moving a little more efficiently.

Thank you for pointing out the kind of people we're not interested in. Your opinions are valid unto yourself but we're not looking for musicians who criticise fellow players and who are not open to the ambition and experimentation of others.

On that note' date=' Craig B, why don't you send us a link to your bands site, to let us judge you?

Once we have music uploaded you can post as many comments about our abilities as you like, until then we would appreciate it if people could be a little less negative.

Anyway, Newbeatz, in answer to your question, we are currently in the process of writing/development, but once we have any tracks recorded then we will upload them onto our Myspace.

And our project, Dave Officer, is a collaboration between currently gigging bands, those in development, accomplished musicians and most importantly, the audience.

Generally speaking a band is comprised of a core group of musicians who play together under a collective name (of course with the occasional line-up changes) whereas our project is of a changing disposition, any two songs might contain completely different musicians, there is no attempt to retain an individual lead over proceedings.

Thanks for your interest

With Compliments, Matt[/quote']

Grow a sense of humour.

I don't think I'd want to be in a collective where there was no quality control coming from my bandmates.

edit: Sorry' date=' slightly critical. I gotta say though, the idea sounds generally very awesome. Best of luck! Although a bit of a Zappa figure in the proceedings could keep things moving a little more efficiently.[/quote']

Criticality is fine, it can be important for someone to take lead, but I fear you misinterpereted(?) what I was saying. I meant that for people outside of the project to jump in and criticise without first making any attempt at contact to understand what the thing is about. Of course "quality control" is important, but no one person within any group should be responsible for it. And basically it will be a hard project anyway, cos the amount of folks alrady interested are gonna have to be prepared for a bit of give and take.

CHeers though, Matt

also there is a few people who will be helping proceedings along. Myself, matthew, ewen and ross at the moment are writing, pushing it out and getting it heard and thats not to mention stuart whos doing a lot of promotion for us. But no one person makes decisions. If we were to have one person, then that builds destructive ego, which inevitably, will ruin bands. The idea is to let musicians have a place to expand their musical potential. What fun is it if you think you can't have more than one bassist in the group? can denying yourself a whole range of musical possibilities really be creativly healthy? let us know what your into and where you want to take your musical abilities.

Ps thank's for the advice concerning our sense of humour but we posted this thread in search of people interested in our ideas not people who want to bring us all down. if it was a joke, it was neither funny or informative. But one can't say no to a bit of controversy, especially since we haven't even had our first meeting. :)

CF

you can contact us at

lo_bob_lo@hotmail.co.uk this is my msn too, if you want to bounce ideas of us just add me

just to say' date=' you don't need to be in a band to have an opinion. it's a pretty lame thing to say "so let's see your band then" when someone criticises something.[/quote']

Spot on David. If you couldn't have an opinion on music without being in a band then there the only music fans would be people in bands.

just to say' date=' you don't need to be in a band to have an opinion. it's a pretty lame thing to say "so let's see your band then" when someone criticises something.[/quote']

craig b suggested that we were all unskillful musicians which is slander not critisism.

by no means did we say you have to be in a band to have an opinion, but for someone to criticise a still developing project who posted to find any interseted parties is pretty rude by any accounts. We were only looking for musicians interested in doing something new and exciting. we are infact all experienced musicians and this is no ones first attempt at starting a "band", we do however want to involved people who are not experienced. we didn't expect to be slandered before we even recorded anything or infact played anywhere, we were only trying to let you in on a good thing. sorry you felt that way about us.

edited by cf(matthew gets quite sensitive when he is drunk)

i had to cut the whole thing. None of it was neither nice or well said.

remember matthew is only 1/15 of our group. we aren't all as sensitive or verbally agressive (when drunk.) You should know not to judge people on what you first see ( or hear) about us. especially since all of it is rumour and not nessicarily true.

edited by charis