aberdeen-music

panic! at the disco - ACTUAL ASSHOLES

andrew.

i mean, yeah im sure they were shattered and sweaty and tired, but 1 1/2 hours is plenty of time to wash, relax, have some water. its just the way he was such a twat about it. haha, the crowd was fuming when the bus drove away, it even went racing through red lights, so they didnt all kick it in.

I was walking down Sauchihall Street in Glas Vegas the other day when I was greeted with the sight of 500 or so emo fringes with drainpipe jeans attached. Realised that Panic At The Disco were signing in Music Zone, I've never seen so many foolish people in my life. Wonder if they all got their stuff signed, or did the band run away early when they realised most of their fans were idiots?

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself"

but more importantly' date='

Life without buildings are shit.

AKM[/quote']

change are to "were"

but more importantly,

life without buildings were ace

nothing wrong with great infectious pop songs that we all wish we had written. can i say that they were well ahead of their time and had a super rythmn section

tbetter than most of the pop music hanging about today

I don't really see what they did wrong to be honest, they were probably tired, not looking forward to driving all night and had probably been bothered by autograph hunters all day. Maybe the singer had got bad news, had a fight with his missus, was maybe sick, you don't know what's going on in his personal life, it's not always right to dismiss someone as an asshole without knowing the story. He was probably pissed off about something else.

Incidentally, the coolest band I ever met were Terrorvision, I met them a few times and they were great guys, signed everything, stood and chatted for ages, the singer Tony recognised me every time we met (What the fuck are you doing in Bradford mate, you live in Aberdeen!) and even bought me a couple of pints on occasion. Top lad :love:

change are to "were"

but more importantly' date='

life without buildings were ace

nothing wrong with great infectious pop songs that we all wish we had written. can i say that they were well ahead of their time and had a super rythmn section

tbetter than most of the pop music hanging about today[/quote']

word.

also, i'm not really having a go at the guy here cause he's young and it probably seemed real important to him at the time, but why would you want someones autograph? particularly a band with one album. the only reason i can come up with is to add value to something as a collector but i can't see panic at the disco's stuff becoming super collectable anytime soon(unless they've done some rare 7" i don't know about, which is possible). they're no different than you and me so don't waste your time waiting around for them, it can only lead to disappointment. they are after all mere mortals like you and me.

incidentally we almost went to the blue lamp after the bonnie prince billy gig(one of my heroes) as we had a tip off he was going back there but it was raining and he was still in the lemon tree at 11.30 so we went off to estaminet instead and had a lovely pint. when my friend marty left he was walking home when he spotted bonnie prince billy strolling along the road wearing a turban and sandals. now you don't get quality sightings like that hanging round tourbuses.

I was walking down Sauchihall Street in Glas Vegas the other day when I was greeted with the sight of 500 or so emo fringes with drainpipe jeans attached. Realised that Panic At The Disco were signing in Music Zone' date=' I've never seen so many foolish people in my life. Wonder if they all got their stuff signed, or did the band run away early when they realised most of their fans were idiots?

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself"[/quote']

I'd be intrigued to know why emo kids were interested in P!ATD;)

But that's an argument for another few hundred threads:up:

Word has it they have turned into/are a fairly twat like bunch.

I think its quite nice to have a wee momento off seeing/meeting a band. Makes it all a bit personal I guess.

One of my highlights has been meeting Belle & Sebastian :up:

aye but there's a big difference between meeting them and getting them to sign something. i'd love to meet most of the musicians i admire just to have a chat and see what they're like but i don't need their signature.

yeah its completely different bumping into an artist, having a drink with them etc then get their signature rather than just queue for ages to get it. Your signed things should have a story to them. Ive met quite alot of bands, spent hours drinking with them but dont have their signatures, except carl barats. However saying that i wouldnt have minded staying outside moshulu to have a jam with pete doherty (awaits the usual abuse that follows after his name is mentioned).

• Upvote 1

I don't really see what they did wrong to be honest' date=' they were probably tired, not looking forward to driving all night and had probably been bothered by autograph hunters all day. Maybe the singer had got bad news, had a fight with his missus, was maybe sick, you don't know what's going on in his personal life, it's not always right to dismiss someone as an asshole without knowing the story. He was probably pissed off about something else.

Incidentally, the coolest band I ever met were Terrorvision, I met them a few times and they were great guys, signed everything, stood and chatted for ages, the singer Tony recognised me every time we met (What the fuck are you doing in Bradford mate, you live in Aberdeen!) and even bought me a couple of pints on occasion. Top lad :love:[/quote']

Is your Terrorvision experience not how it should work? You have fond memories of the experience and it's a great example of someone who gives a shit. I'm not big on the autograph thing and meeting bands but I still remember getting invited to the dressing room of Pallas at the Fusion/Ritzy before their Reading appearence, Kings X after their Network in Edinburgh, Fishbone in Sleasy's when they played the Garage a couple of years ago and Fran Healy at Gig On The Green. It's cool that they take the time to speak no matter how famous...or not they may be...

Fans are what makes a band successful. Shit on them and it's a bad career move especially if your still on the way up. Simple.

Is your Terrorvision experience not how it should work? You have fond memories of the experience and it's a great example of someone who gives a shit.

It was a good experience but I wouldn't say it's how it "should" be, if a band want to take time to talk after shows that's their choice. If Terrorvision had chosen to ignore me I wouldn't have thought any less of them, I'd probably be the same if I was in a big band and had to walk through throngs of autograph hunters when I was tired and wanted to go to bed. And lets face it, most signed stuff is just going to end up on Ebay the next day anyway. I certainly wouldn't have driven up to Terrorvision's tour bus and tore up a poster of them. In fact that act has led me to have a lower opinion of whoever started this thread than of Panic At The Disco.

It was a good experience but I wouldn't say it's how it "should" be' date=' if a band want to take time to talk after shows that's their choice. If Terrorvision had chosen to ignore me I wouldn't have thought any less of them, I'd probably be the same if I was in a big band and had to walk through throngs of autograph hunters when I was tired and wanted to go to bed. And lets face it, most signed stuff is just going to end up on Ebay the next day anyway. I certainly wouldn't have driven up to Terrorvision's tour bus and tore up a poster of them. In fact that act has led me to have a lower opinion of whoever started this thread than of Panic At The Disco.[/quote']

Of course there's professional autograph hunters but I'd think that the majority of these people that hang around are genuine fans. Every band isn't gonna do that but I do think that giving up a few moments for the fans is all part of the deal. It's the fans who pay the money and provide the support so "star" hissy fits are nothing but destructive and ultimately negative.

Can't see a future for that band anyway...apart from in burger bars

Of course there's professional autograph hunters but I'd think that the majority of these people that hang around are genuine fans. Every band isn't gonna do that but I do think that giving up a few moments for the fans is all part of the deal. It's the fans who pay the money and provide the support so "star" hissy fits are nothing but destructive and ultimately negative.

I'm with you. What is it people like this? They get into a band, want folk to come and see them, buy their music etc, and then get pissed off when their money paying fans want to to say Hi! or get a small momento of the gig. I've heard this many times and it always makes me wonder why these guys get into a band in the first place.

Oh! the guys are tired after playing their set, and being on tour etc etc....bollocks, it's bad manners end of story! As my mum always told me, "It's nice to be nice"

Now I know this is not the same but, I work full time and also play in a covers band. Our set is about 45 songs long. After I've finished playing and someone comes up to me and talks about the gig being good or bad, or about my guitars etc, I would take time to talk back to them. This is even if my wife has giving me a hard time for going out playing in a band....again!!! or I've got a sore head with my drummers cymbles, or my pet cat 'Frog' has cat flu. I'm sure there's 1000's of other guys like me (maybe not with a cat named Frog though) so why do these 'rockstars' think they are any different. I'm sure they wanted to hang out with some of their heros when they were younger.

If they don't want pestered, then don't do the gigs etc.....oh but that brings us back to the money thing again. Wankers!

Plagiarism

so' date=' me and 2 friends went to see panic! at the disco last night at carling academy, Glasgow and to be fair the gig was amazing. They were really good live. I thought men woman and children were good too, who were support.

So like usual we decided to hang back after to try and meet them. so we waited for about 30mins after the gig ending, dodging security and waiting at merch, but eventually getting chucked out.

So we went over by the tour bus with about 100 people, at around 10.40PM and bought posters. The support bands came out and were ace, and friendly, and even invited us for curry, and they were just chatting to everyone for ages. So we were stood waiting till [b']12PM for these guys, waiting for all there stuff to be loaded up etc, when we see 2 band members run to their bus.

By this time there were only about 30 of us left waiting, and any signing would have take 20 mins, tops. So everyone is singing and we see the lead singer come out with dark glasses and a hoody up and goes "fuck this shit" angrily and runs off for food. He comes back, ignores everyone and they drive off... WTF.

so we start driving back to our flat and the bus goes the other way and we stop and get chips, until we eventually end up at some red lights with the bus RIGHT beside us. So i open my window and start swearing and jeering at the bus, and then rip up my poster and throw it at the bus. i just hope one of them saw.

i thought they might have been okay guys, but fame seems to have gone to their heads.

FUCK OFF PANIC! :swearing:

You didn't steal this story from the Eminem song "Stan" by any chance?

Guest Les Stroszek

I don't understand the whole 'celebrity' thing and I wouldn't be any more interested in meeting a musician than anyone else no matter how much I like there music.

I hate hearing stories like this. The fans are the people that make these bands, fucking FACT. Without them buying their records, going to their gigs, telling anyone who'll listen how great their music is, they wouldn't be shit. So whenever you turn your back on a bunch of young fans, for whatever the reason, you're letting them down and you're letting yourself down as a professional artist. But aside from that, I wouldn't worry. PATD are just another in the long line of trendy emo bands who are big at the minute. Give it three years (max) and they'll be back brushing the 'sidewalks', sweeping their dangling, jet-black, assymetrical fringes out of their eyes in the boiling midday sun.

Mike

When they played The Cathouse in January, we only had 1 band room (2 now) so The Academy Is... got that, and Panic! were bundled into our staff room. I wasn't working the gig, but I was floating about between the staff room and the gig as I was working upstairs when The Academy Is... finished. Panic! spent most of the night in the staff room, so I said hi a few times and got kinda chatty with them. They came across as really nice, friendly guys. They gave me ham from their rider. That was a strange night. Anyway, they left for the bus before the end of the night as to avoid autographs. I guess some people just can't handle to burdens of fame. But to describe a bunch of hormonal 18 year olds as 'assholes' for one incident is a bit much.

Plus, their good for a dance I guess, but they aren't exactly musical Gods. Don't get too hung up. The singer sings flat live anyway.