aberdeen-music

Unlikely Cover versions

emergency72

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Cash did loads of great covers on his last few albums' date=' my personal favourites are -

The Beatles - In My Life

[/quote']

Ooocha...thats a tough song to listen to! I love the original but the Cash just adds a real haunting feel to it, when you hear an old man singing "there are places I remember" it's almost like he's telling you a story from his death bed. Excellent song though, but if it doesn't raise the hairs on the back of my neck then its because theres more than a few tears in my eye!

Goldfrapp doing a 1920's Oompah-Cabaret version of 'Boys will be boys' by The Ordinary Boys on Radio Ones Live Lounge' date=' was probably one of the most brilliant and bizarre covers of all time[/quote']

Oh no!! o_O Each week these cover version get seriously more and more ridiculous on the radio but that really took the biscuit for the most ridiculous take on a song ever. Her vocals annoy me though...its that trying to sound super sexy voice when she looks like a granny...a bit like those voice overs on the adult channels...

Rasputina's version of 'Wish You Were Here' is beautiful.

I still think the White Stripes version of Jolene is great but they covered 'One more cup of coffee' by Bob Dylan on their first album and it's fucking amazing. So is 'St James Infirmary Blues' from the same album.

Jack off Jill doing 'Love Song' by the Cure is interesting too.

• 2 weeks later...