Mystery Jets

The Guillemots

iForward Russia!

King Creosote

Biffy Clyro

Seth Lakeman

Dreadzone

The Cinematics.

There will be a total of around 90 bands performing this year and Fridays headliner has still to be announced, so its looking quite good.

Saturday night headliner to be Embrace

Definitely not going to miss them this time. I'll bring my telescopic sights' date=' and I've got my reload time [i']right down...

Hopefully the thought of their presence won't spoil my enjoyment too much. This really is one of the best festivals there is, regardless of who's playing - fantastic atmosphere.

Latest line-up from Efests

Embrace

Mystery Jets

Guillemots

Forward Russia

King Creosote

Biffy Clyro

Seth Lakeman

Dreadzone

Desmond Dekker

Chris Difford

Martha Wainwright

Errol Linton's Blues Vibe

Martin Stephenson and the Toe Rags

I See Hawks in LA

Tony Gilkyson

Union Avenue

Hobotalk

The Moonshiners

David Ogilvy

Christina Kulukundis

Joe West

Feis Rois

Arlo Guthrie

& another source is claiming Belle & Sebastian as well

Friday 11th August 2006

Echo & The Bunnymen, Biffy Clyro, Martha Wainwright, Desmond Dekker, Mystery Jets, Guillemots, Chris Difford, Forward Russia, Mark Saul, The Young Knives, 3 Daft Monkeys, Rumble Strips, The Cinematics, Culture Clash, Union Avenue, The Hazey Janes, Paddy Rasta, Shipcote, Christina Kulukundis & David Ogilvy, Sophie Solomon, Galipaygos, Scott MacDonald, Joe West, The Moonshiners, Claire Campbell, Ralfe Band, Grandadbob, Misty's Big Adventure, The Shortwave Set, The Puppini Sisters, The Green Machine

Saturday 12th August 2006

Embrace, The Wonder Stuff, Arlo Guthrie, Dreadzone, Bell XI, Ed Harcourt, The Vatersay Boys, Morning Runner, Bellowhead, King Creosote, The Upper Room, Seth Lakeman, Exist, Vincent Vincent & The Villians, Breaks Co-op, Martin Stephenson & The Toerags, Batacuda Sound Machine, Kid Carpet, Errol Linton's Blues Vibe, Acoustic Love Experience, I See Hawks in LA, Charlotte Gordon Cumming, Tom Morton, Hobotalk, Black Medicine, The Hussys, Jyrojets, iLikeTrains

is it a decent place for taking kids???? Plenty to keep them amused??? ANyone camped?

Reasonable for kids. If you want a really child-friendly event tho' date=' try the Traquair Fair. [url']http://www.traquair.co.uk/fair.html Sometimes their music line-up is surprisingly good as well. :)

Camping OK, roughly mown fields, few rocks & the ground was reasonably soft. Plenty of mown hay about to stuff under the tent as well. Comfy! :D If you want a decent nights sleep tho, specify the quiet area when you book your ticket, that settles down @midnight. Vehicles are parked away from tents, except in the campervan/caravan field. Both are also nearer to the main festival gate - I was in the west field & because of the licence restrictions, you had to walk right round the site to get-in as the gates on my side were either exit only or only open when the bar was active. Not a serious hike but with a stumping hangover & a need for coffee/medication, it was bad enough! Partying was pretty constant in that field the whole time. :)

how long does it take to get there?

and is there anyway to get there via public transport?

A couple of hours on the train/bus to Inverness then either a £10 taxi to the festival itself or the Beauly service bus to the Kiltarlity road-end then @20-30 mins walk after that. For some reason last year, direct buses to the festival from Inverness were few & far between. A couple went out on the Friday & back on Sunday AM but only one each way on the Saturday. However, a more regular minibus ran from Muir of Ord for some reason. It also has a station, change at Inverness. Hopefully things will be better this year as the numbers are going up by @ a third.

The site was also emminently cyclable from Inverness as well.

• Upvote 1