aberdeen-music

Bebo...all it's cracked up to be?

Bowl O' Alpen

After yet another hour of worthless trawling of profiles of people I have never/will never meet in my life I'm really starting to question whether Bebo is actually beneficial to my life.

In a purely statistical form, I'm currently 85% non-beneficial...

Bebo is a an over-hyped, life-sapping phenomenon which will soon die out.

Discuss.

I think Bebo is probably more popular. I would have said myspace a couple of weeks ago after hearing people speak about it on here all the time and a couple of other places. Then one day I suddenly realised that practically every person in my uni is spending most their time on Bebo. I'm hearing all sorts of different people al lover the place speaking about Bebo. It makes sense that it's more popular really, from what I've seen Myspace is primarily designed for bands to promote themselve but people obviuosly have pages to ramble on about themselves as well. Bebo is designed for people to ramble on about themsleves, and also to keep in touch with people from school uni etc.

I can't believe I joined Bebo. I was looking through the video charts on it yesterday and there was one, positioned at around #40, of a girl enjoying some time in her pants with a friend recording it. This is supposed to be a website for school pupils to use o_O

I do prefer MySpace but on Bebo you get to see a fetching picture of Bowl O' Alpen in a court, fake of course.

yes

The clientelle is certainly different. Whereas on myspace it's mostly chaps with emo fringes trying to be as cool as possible, bebo is full of geeks, neds, and basically most type of person in the human spectrum. You're far more likely to find someone you've lost contact with on bebo. Most people are making use of the unlimited photo space - compared to the 12 you get on myspace - to share their images of thee night before. Nights out are organised on bebo instead of in the hall kitchen.

The clientelle is certainly different. Whereas on myspace it's mostly chaps with emo fringes trying to be as cool as possible' date=' bebo is full of geeks, neds, and basically most type of person in the human spectrum[/b']. You're far more likely to find someone you've lost contact with on bebo. Most people are making use of the unlimited photo space - compared to the 12 you get on myspace - to share their images of thee night before. Nights out are organised on bebo instead of in the hall kitchen.

aye thats true. really annoying the amount of gap toothed neds ya find on it

The clientelle is certainly different. Whereas on myspace it's mostly chaps with emo fringes trying to be as cool as possible' date=' bebo is full of geeks, neds, and basically most type of person in the human spectrum. [/quote']

thats exactly it!

the thing that annoys me about bebo (well my mates that use it) is when they go on about finding everyone from schools profiles and stuff, fair enough it might be interesting to see what people are up to these days but surely if you wanted to keep in contact with friends you would?

plus bebo doesn't accept html coding like myspace so you have to choose a shitty skin the've made. its far more limiting creatively.

The only reason I've ever heard of Bebo is because of all the people who are allegedly dying for me to join it. My hotmail inbox is fucking bombarded with random requests for some reason.

I'm not big on meeting random internet people, so Myspace is pretty much the only worthwhile one for me. The music streaming is better than purevolume, and it's safe from viruses. Emo kids are easily ignored.

Guest Hon Jonda
plus bebo doesn't accept html coding like myspace so you have to choose a shitty skin the've made. its far more limiting creatively.

Thats a bad thing?