aberdeen-music

HIWATT'S in Cash Converters!!!

Guest MKII

£699 for the head and £299 for the cab

Thats for the DR103 sitting straight onfront of you inside the door

There was a head sitting on the floor a day or two before that was £699, not sure if thats the same one just with a cab or what

David

£699 for the head and £299 for the cab

Thats for the DR103 sitting straight onfront of you inside the door

There was a head sitting on the floor a day or two before that was £699' date=' not sure if thats the same one just with a cab or what

David[/quote']

I'm sure they were less than that when I went in!? o_O

There are two heads and one cab.

i'd hate to think how much someone got ripped off for those....

250 max for the head i reckon.

Yeah, fuck that, makes you wonder why they've been sold!

I'll fight you for it!

Outside Cash Converters at 9am!

Oliver Reed and Alan Bates style!

Erm...I'd rather do it John Wayne & Victor McLaglen style (The Quiet Man) i.e. with me togs on o_O

Anyhoo, I don't want to give everyone in George Street an inferiority complex.

They don't call me T-Junction for nothing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DZL

Switchblade

Gents,

No need for violence after all (shame, I like a good pagger of a morning), I've sourced a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade head at a knock-down price in Deutschland :up:

My mate is working over there and he'll bring it back on his next trip :rockon:

Therefore, I'm pulling out of the Wacky HiWatt Race.

Good luck.

DZL

Absolutely yonks ago. I was eliminating them from theatre kit back in the late 80s/early 90s

It wouldn't be illegal to buy & use them at home but if you were to put one on stage' date=' no insurances would cover you & if you or anyone else got hurt/place damaged you & the responsable person at the venue could well face negligence charges.[/quote']

I don't see how an insurance company could withdraw their insurance if the Bulgin was used correctly, i.e. carried less than 6 amps, and also had "earth before phase", which modern buglins do, I believe.

I suspect your replacement of bulgins in the late 80s early 90's was in response to the legislation requiring "earth before phase", which pre-legislation bulgins didn't have.

am I lying?

Right' date=' no-one is to buy the cab or else...

...you've all seen Women in Love, right?[/quote']

Erm, sorry to have to do this to you, but I put down a deposit on it today after work!!!

:up:

Pretty funny...these amps sound horrible, can't believe the fuss over them!

Personally I would feel bad buying anything from cash converters. An old friend sold his drum kit to cash converters to raise cash for relocating, they paid him a measly 250, and stuck a 700 price tag on it, and it sold! Sick isn't the word for how he felt! Poor guy....

Guest DustyDeviada
Personally I would feel bad buying anything from cash converters. An old friend sold his drum kit to cash converters to raise cash for relocating' date=' they paid him a measly 250, and stuck a 700 price tag on it, and it sold! Sick isn't the word for how he felt! Poor guy....[/quote']

It's hardly their fault, they have to make a profit to cover rent, rates, electricity etc.

Your friend should have sold it privately.

It's hardly their fault' date=' they have to make a profit to cover rent, rates, electricity etc.

[/quote']

To be fair, Crime Converters really do take the piss though. They could easily pay more and make a decent profit. They'll never offer more than 40% of what they'll sell it for.

I overheard the 'sales' people chatting once, discussing something they were selling for 150

"How much did we get it for?"

"Twenty quid!"

"Nice one!"

Much laughter, as they wandered off to fleece some other desperate unfortunate.