aberdeen-music

HIWATT'S in Cash Converters!!!

Guest MKII

Oh my god, there are two 70's HIWATT 100 heads and a 4x12 cab for sale in cash converters!

They have the now illegal bulgin plugs mind you(wouldn't this mean it's illegal for them to sell it/let you test it?), but that's easily sorted, someone's in for a nice treat!

I wish I wasn't about to go abroad soon! :laughing:

Letting folks know incase someones after some nice old vintage amp(s).

Oh my god' date=' there are two 70's HIWATT heads and a 4x12 cab for sale in cash converters!

They have the now illegal bulgin plugs mind you(wouldn't this mean it's illegal for them to sell it/let you test it?), but that's easily sorted, someone's in for a nice treat!

I think the custom 50 is 500+ the custom 100 is unpriced and the cab is about 250!

I wish I wasn't about to go abroad soon! :laughing:

Letting folks know incase someones after some nice old vintage amp(s).[/quote']

When did Bulgins become illegal?

5Amps per pin and 6 Amps overall is what they're rated at' date=' so you're probably right about not being able to use them as mains. The connectors themselves aren't illegal though.

EDIT: Looks like I was right. Cheers for that info, it may come in handy.[/quote']

Maybe I should mention it to the shop!?

I played through a 1969 Park amp last week, which had a bulgin... nervous, nervous, nervous!

So, which ones are, what is it that makes them illegal/dangerous?

Maybe I should mention it to the shop!?

I played through a 1969 Park amp last week' date=' which had a bulgin... nervous, nervous, nervous!

So, which ones are, what is it that makes them illegal/dangerous?[/quote']

They'd be illegal if they were carrying more than 6 amps, 250V as far as I can figure out.

(Although I did see someone claiming they'd been downgraded to 50V but I think that might be US).

The main problem with bulgins seems to be getting the sex wrong, having a female input rather than male, making the exposed pins live on the male plug.

The best thing to do is plug in the bulgin before you plug the 13 Amp into the wall, that eliminates any potential shock hazard (if it's wired well) and also any grounding issues.

nnnnnnnnnggg

I'm trying to sell amps MKII! What are you trying to do to me?

nnnnnnnnngggggg

Half-Stack.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... THAT is sitting waiting to be bought!!! :swearing:

I saw it when I was in last week

I want it...

sadly I would get murdered if I took it home

I also want your bassman :(

I don't think its illegal to sell gear with the older connectors, only to make them new (much stricter rules), which is why they have to change those for modern IEC leads on the Marshall handwired amps for example

David

They'd be illegal if they were carrying more than 6 amps' date=' 250V as far as I can figure out.

(Although I did see someone claiming they'd been downgraded to 50V but I think that might be US).

The main problem with bulgins seems to be getting the sex wrong, having a female input rather than male, making the exposed pins live on the male plug.

The best thing to do is plug in the bulgin before you plug the 13 Amp into the wall, that eliminates any potential shock hazard (if it's wired well) and also any grounding issues.[/quote']

I went in again today to check them out. One of the amps has been modified for a standard kettle lead, whilst the amp on top of the cab has the bulgin. It's a female lead, the amp has the three pins sticking out. The safer of the two variations!?

Fuck I am tempted!!! :help:

But... A 100 watt non master volume(in the modern sense) amp, where are you going to get to stretch that out in Aberdeen!?

I really' date=' REALLY wish I hadn't read this thread!!!

I have this disorder that makes me want to buy musical things.

It's quite common.

DZL[/quote']

I believe it's called GAS!

When did Bulgins become illegal?

Absolutely yonks ago. I was eliminating them from theatre kit back in the late 80s/early 90s

It wouldn't be illegal to buy & use them at home but if you were to put one on stage, no insurances would cover you & if you or anyone else got hurt/place damaged you & the responsable person at the venue could well face negligence charges.

Guest Gasss

nnnnnggggg

I was wanting to downgrade from an oversized 2X12 cab to a compact 1X12 to save space.

But the thought of a massive Hiwatt 4 X 12 is tempting me....

nnnnnnggggggggg....

sense or ROCK?????

[punches self repeatedly]

nnnnnggggg

I was wanting to downgrade from an oversized 2X12 cab to a compact 1X12 to save space.

But the thought of a massive Hiwatt 4 X 12 is tempting me....

nnnnnnggggggggg....

sense or ROCK?????

[punches self repeatedly]

The cab does look in tip top condition, as do the amps! :p

The cab does look in tip top condition' date=' as do the amps! :p[/quote']

Just STOP it !!!

You're driving us up the wall with all these tempting descriptions!

Thank god it's not Thursday night or I'd be in the car and straight down there.

DZL

Ps - what time does it open tomorrow o_O

Just STOP it !!!

DZL

Whats that? A Les Paul Custom through a HiWatt, wow, that'd be heaven!!! :love::up:

Guest Gasss
Just STOP it !!!

DZL

I'll fight you for it!

Outside Cash Converters at 9am!

Oliver Reed and Alan Bates style!