aberdeen-music

Why won't Windows Media work...

Metarie

on the new Dresden Dolls CD? It won't let me listen or copy any of the songs. Considering the tracks have been available online (and on their Myspace) for a while it seems a bit strange to be worrying about people making illegal copies of it now it's been released.

*stamps foot*

I want it on my MP3 player!

apparently they were, I decided to be good and wait for the CD though, to keep the suspense and support the starving artist. My good intentions have turned round and bitten me on the ass :(

I've only got Real Player on the computer as an alternative and it's isn't playing on there either. Damn. Anyone got any other ideas what i could use? Or maybe it's just my pathetically ancient computer. Media Player hasn't ever let me down before though.

depending on where you bought it, you could ask for a non-copy protected version - if that's what the problem is.

i did that when a perfect circle released thirteenth step - the one i bought from 1UP was copy protected, and was of no use to me considering i don't own a hifi. i took it back and they gave me a non copy-protected one.

depending on where you bought it' date=' you could ask for a non-copy protected version - if that's what the problem is.

i did that when a perfect circle released thirteenth step - the one i bought from 1UP was copy protected, and was of no use to me considering i don't own a hifi. i took it back and they gave me a non copy-protected one.[/quote']

Exactly what i was gonna say...And new laws mean they dont need to put a label on the front cover now telling you it will not work in a pc small print on the back now is sufficient

I'm still waiting for mine to come through the post, I'll let you know if I have the same problem Kate.

I did however have the same problem with Mezmerize from SOAD. I bought the CD, then ended up having to download the whole thing anyway to get it on my mp3 player since my computer wouldn't even recognise the disc, yet it worked fine on other peoples.