aberdeen-music

Scottish Policeman in "Alan Partridge moment"

"Kids blow up so quickly these days."

That is fucking hilarious. Why cant people just see it for what it is.. a bloody joke. Oh Oh Oh he said something about terrorism... Quick phone every media corporation and make it headline news!!!!!

The UK is a fucking joke.

That is fucking hilarious. Why cant people just see it for what it is.. a bloody joke. Oh Oh Oh he said something about terrorism... Quick phone every media corporation and make it headline news!!!!!

I think it's one thing for me or you to tell this joke in private but, let's face it, it's pretty bloody stupid of a person in his position to be repeating jokes like this in public.

It makes him a twat - not for the joke but for not having the savvy to think about who it would offend if he told it while he was representing the Police.

Are you so stupid you don't understand that a high ranking police officer has to be able to set an example to his men and the general public? This is a multi cultural country and the police should not be prejudiced racially, politically, or against religions that are not their own.

If he cant do that he shouldn't be doing the job he does, I think he should be fired immediately.

Racism is hilarious...

Err, except it's not racist. Unless Al-Qaeda are a race. Read the article again, at no point does the joke mention any race. Unless of course you're automatically connecting Al-Qaeda with Islam as a whole - which I believe makes you the racist.

I'd hate to see the outcry from members of Al-Qaeda when they find out about this. They'll probably write strongly worded letters to the newspapers or something.

Whilst it wasn't the brightest thing anyone's ever said, I don't actually see anything wrong with it at all. And frankly, what the fuck it's got to do with The Muslim Council of Britain really escapes me.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And frankly' date=' what the fuck it's got to do with The Muslim Council of Britain really escapes me.[/quote']

Well, considering anyone who wears the hijab in the UK nowadays seems to be seen as a legitimate target for being on the receiving end of the rampant Islamophobia which has swept the nation in the last 4 years or so, I'd say it causes them a fair bit of concern.

Well' date=' considering anyone who wears the hijab in the UK nowadays seems to be seen as a legitimate target for being on the receiving end of the rampant Islamophobia which has swept the nation in the last 4 years or so, I'd say it causes them a fair bit of concern.[/quote']

Well not really. The only way it has anything whatsoever to do with the Muslim Council of Britain is if they claim to represent the Al-Qaeda organisation that was the butt of the joke. If not, it's exactly the same as the pope getting worked up about a joke about the IRA.

All very well said. Thing is' date=' the police are the last people who should be making jokes about suicide bombers when they are the ones who also have to inform the families of the dead. It's surely that simple.[/quote']

Actually, that was the point I was going to make but forgot. I was wrong when I said that the joke wasn't offensive. It certainly *shouldn't* be offensive to Muslims - it is in no way disparaging them or their religion - but it certainly could be construed as offensive by the friends and families of people who have been killed by the suicide bombers. Maybe they should get quotes from The Good Honest Innocent People Who've Been Killed in Terrorist Attrocities Council of Britain.