aberdeen-music

Um... Smoke everywhere!!

Benji

Guest Phantomsmasher
Whats going on peeps... I see black smoke in Torry-ish area.. I see white smoke West of Altens.. Im in Altens atm and just wondered if its safe to return to the city!!!

If you believe everything you read/hear, the end of the world is nigh...

Guest Les Stroszek

I was coming back home today on the Megabus and seen that there seemed to be a fire from the top of Kincorth/Altens and the fire was spreading across into Torry.

cause the fire brigade can't afford red paint

"BARUMP-PUMP TISH! Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. While you're here try our excellent sea food menu. Anyway, I love my wife - I take her everywhere ...but she still finds her way home. My wife said she wanted to go somewhere different for her holidays ...I said how about the kitchen. My wife is a bad cook, but not as bad as her mother - I wouldn't say her stew was bad but every time she makes it the local pygmy tribe come round to dip their spears in. Honestly though, my mother in law is a very special lady, she looks like a fairytale ...Grimm!"

Everyone's a :swearing: comedian

According to research, red is actually a really bad colour in terms of visibility, especially at night. Under sodium lighting red looks almost black. Statistically, you're more likely to get hit if you drive a red car...

White with luminous green stripes is simply easier to see. It's why all other emergency vehicles use it - red for Fire was simply traditional. Grampian were about the first to go against tradition and use common sense.

According to research' date=' red is actually a really bad colour in terms of visibility, especially at night. Under sodium lighting red looks almost black. Statistically, you're more likely to get hit if you drive a red car...

White with luminous green stripes is simply easier to see. It's why all other emergency vehicles use it - red for Fire was simply traditional. Grampian were about the first to go against tradition and use common sense.[/quote']

:up: beaucoup de mercis - now I can finally answer my father in law - every time he comes to visit he asks me why the fire engines are white.