aberdeen-music

Assert/Swellbellys/The Try Hards/A Gayboy Scene @ Tunnels

kirkt

Guest bluesxman

Do The Swellbellys do a song to the tune of 'Another One Bites The Dust' which repeats 'fuck your fucking tax' over and over? Think I saw them supporting Bombskare at The Postillion in Edinburgh years ago....

Guest Phantomsmasher
They're using one for this tour. Apparently they were rehearsing with a drummer but they couldn't get him up to speed in time for the tour. I've never seen Assert with a drum machine. What's it like?

To be honest when I saw them I was pretty unimpressed, tight as hell, but really lacking in somthing, it was just like watching a band mime over a backing track.

They're using one for this tour. Apparently they were rehearsing with a drummer but they couldn't get him up to speed in time for the tour. I've never seen Assert with a drum machine. What's it like?

I thought it was bloody ace in Drakes to be honest.

They had crazy technoish bits in-between songs before the drum machine kicked in again to tune/speak/whatever and it was more like a flowing set with no fucking around rather than miming to a backing track I thought.