aberdeen-music

FAO RGU Students

As many of you may know, there is an election on thursday where you can elect a new Union President, Student President and Sports President.

I am runnning for Union President, which kinda means I will be in charge of Rgunion. Many of you, like me will have abandoned the place because it is not the greatest solution to a good night out.

However, I am intend to make the place a more adequite place for students to go, to make a better venue for live bands, student antics and make it a place where people are happy to go, start of their night etc.

If there are any RGU students out there who think the union is in a shite place right now, get out and vote for me, Fraser Denholm, and I will try my best to make the union a cheap, relaxed, decent place to go to.

It needs stuff happening apart from a DJ every night.I can listen to songs in my bedroom with my mates if I wanted to.

Give me a reason to actually go to the union except the cheap prices.It's no good drinkin in a place with no atmosphere.

Oh, bring back the games machines too.

When I first came to RGU, the Union was the place to be, weeknights, weekends would all be busy and the place had a lively buzz and good atmosphere. In the last two years I have seen this deteriorate. The Union is not as busy anymore, people are looking for alternative places to venture. I plan to turn this around and return RGUnion to a place where people WANT to go.

I intend to introduce more drinks offers, keeping the drinks prices down and hopefully making them the lowest in town.

I intend to improve the Unions number of live music events. Allowing the Union to be seen as a venue order to show local and small out of town bands.

To further improve the Entertainment in General in the Union, and help cater for a number of different crowds. I plan to clearly define an regular Entertainment Schedule in order to create a varied and hopefully more comfortable environment within the union.

Maintain and extend ties between RGUnion and the rest of the Aberdeen venue/bar scene, so to allow students the opportunity to find out about exciting events/opportunities.

To cater for all aspects of RGU students, for instance creating a space within the building where students can organise their own exhibitions of works, and find an area which can be used as a non-alcoholic chill out area, with comfy seats, computer games etc which will be open and available for use the same hours as the rest of the building.

I will listen to the views of the Union members, and build on them in order to make the Union better for everyone who visits, working the wishes of the student body to make the Union appeal to more than one section of the student body.

I will also keep close involvement with the societies to see how the Union can cater for their needs, and actively encourage the setting up of new societies.

Finally I shall make sure the Union works as a SERVICE and not a BUSINESS

It needs stuff happening apart from a DJ every night.I can listen to songs in my bedroom with my mates if I wanted to.

Give me a reason to actually go to the union except the cheap prices.It's no good drinkin in a place with no atmosphere.

Oh' date=' bring back the games machines too.[/quote']

Thats what I intend to do, vote for me and I'll revolutionise the entertainment, bring back games machines as well.

To cater for all aspects of RGU students' date=' for instance creating a space within the building where students can organise their own exhibitions of works, and find an area which can be used as a non-alcoholic chill out area, with comfy seats, computer games etc which will be open and available for use the same hours as the rest of the building.

[/quote']

Now that the shop has moved round the corner you could use that space for this purpose.

When I first came to RGU' date=' the Union was the place to be, weeknights, weekends would all be busy and the place had a lively buzz and good atmosphere. In the last two years I have seen this deteriorate. The Union is not as busy anymore, people are looking for alternative places to venture. I plan to turn this around and return RGUnion to a place where people WANT to go.

I intend to introduce more drinks offers, keeping the drinks prices down and hopefully making them the lowest in town.

I intend to improve the Unions number of live music events. Allowing the Union to be seen as a venue order to show local and small out of town bands.

To further improve the Entertainment in General in the Union, and help cater for a number of different crowds. I plan to clearly define an regular Entertainment Schedule in order to create a varied and hopefully more comfortable environment within the union.

Maintain and extend ties between RGUnion and the rest of the Aberdeen venue/bar scene, so to allow students the opportunity to find out about exciting events/opportunities.

To cater for all aspects of RGU students, for instance creating a space within the building where students can organise their own exhibitions of works, and find an area which can be used as a non-alcoholic chill out area, with comfy seats, computer games etc which will be open and available for use the same hours as the rest of the building.

I will listen to the views of the Union members, and build on them in order to make the Union better for everyone who visits, working the wishes of the student body to make the Union appeal to more than one section of the student body.

I will also keep close involvement with the societies to see how the Union can cater for their needs, and actively encourage the setting up of new societies.

Finally I shall make sure the Union works as a SERVICE and not a BUSINESS[/quote']

the words of a true visionary :p

To cater for all aspects of RGU students' date=' for instance creating a space within the building where students can organise their own exhibitions of works, and find an area which can be used as a non-alcoholic chill out area, with comfy seats, computer games etc which will be open and available for use the same hours as the rest of the building.[/quote']

good idea

Finally I shall make sure the Union works as a SERVICE and not a BUSINESS

bad idea, it HAS to be a business and a service or you'll go to shit like aberdeen union did.