aberdeen-music

If you were to have cosmetic surgery...

cutie claire

i don't beleive in plastic surgery - mostly because i think it's very vain to spend hidious amounts of money on how you look.

but the NHS are basically giving me a free nose job - i broke it in a moshpit (hardcore, i know) about a year ago and i am getting surgery to straighten it. I have been waiting a year and still don't have a date for the surgery tho...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Laser eye surgery if that counts.

Nah, that's corrective surgery as opposed to vanity. Wouldn't mind laser eye surgery myself, but it's a tad expensive. 500 per eye, I think.

Nah' date=' that's corrective surgery as opposed to vanity. Wouldn't mind laser eye surgery myself, but it's a tad expensive. £500 per eye, I think.[/quote']

Aye, well my vision ain't that bad anyway. I'm not so emo that I would object to getting rid of the extra eyes though.

I don't believe in cosmetically changing yourself. If others cant accept you for who you are then it's them that needs to gain a real persepective on life, not you.

Saying that, I would like to get some of my teeth re-installed. Bloody wisdom teeth knocked my back yin's oot!

Nah' date=' that's corrective surgery as opposed to vanity. Wouldn't mind laser eye surgery myself, but it's a tad expensive. 500 per eye, I think.[/quote']

one day, when that's been on the go for a few more years and if i have the cash, i'd certainly consider it. i recently got contacts and it makes a huge difference for stuff like american football, swimming, gigging etc but there's still a bit of hassle involved and occasionally some discomfort after a long day in dry conditions.

/x

Guest Neubeatz

I got a quote many years ago (for my foxed arm) from a surgeon geezer from rubislaw den that was working at st johns, His price was fair, but he did remind me of "risks and complications" therefore I chose the "ugly fucker" option heh! ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
one day' date=' when that's been on the go for a few more years and if i have the cash, i'd certainly consider it. i recently got contacts and it makes a huge difference for stuff like american football, swimming, gigging etc but there's still a bit of hassle involved and occasionally some discomfort after a long day in dry conditions.

/x[/quote']

Me too, been wearing bins for 22 years now so I wouldn't mind a change. Last time I got a new pair, they tried to put contacts in but my eyes were streaming so much they couldn't do it. I hate the thought of pushing something into your eye. I'm hoping laser surgery goes down in price over the years, wouldn't hold your breath for a "Buy one get one free" offer.

Me too' date=' been wearing bins for 22 years now so I wouldn't mind a change. Last time I got a new pair, they tried to put contacts in but my eyes were streaming so much they couldn't do it. I hate the thought of pushing something into your eye. I'm hoping laser surgery goes down in price over the years, wouldn't hold your breath for a "Buy one get one free" offer.[/quote']

I used to hate the idea of putting something in my eye, but you actually get used to it really quickly. However I got a bit TOO used to it I think - I now can't wear my contact (I only ever used them in one eye) because they've left a little scar on my eye, which seems to be as a result of having blepharitis, that makes my eye a bit dry. Falling asleep wearing them when pissed probably didn't help either mind - it's not good when you're having to actually PEEL them off.

I heard that laser eye surgery isn't actually permanent though, so i reckon I'll be sticking to the specs :(