aberdeen-music

carmines

Ollie

Food in Carmine's is really good but they do rush you so they can get other customers in. I used to go for lunch once a week and I'd always go back to work with my mouth totally burnt cos they bring out your main course before you're finished your started if you're not quick enough - and its absolutely roasting!

thinking of going there for ma bday. any good? little italys hard to beat.
I like Little Italy' date=' but Carmines blows it out of the water, really. Service can be a tad 'brusque' at times, but the food is fantastic.

*paging skuzzlebutt*

Frosty introduced me to Carmines about 17 years ago...i've had a standing reservation there ever since.... yep food is pretty damn good.... arabiatta, pizza, penne...all very good...

his wife also makes some pretty tasty Italian deserts that you should try if available....

Carmines is ace, way better than Little Italy in my opinion. Another alternative is Panino's on George Street, owned by the guy who has Rustico's. I had my last birthday there and it was pretty good, food and wine are very reasonable and it's a nice size, slightly bigger than Carmines I think, so you could probably book the place out if you wanted.

Carmines is ace' date=' way better than Little Italy in my opinion. Another alternative is Panino's on George Street, owned by the guy who has Rustico's. I had my last birthday there and it was pretty good, food and wine are very reasonable and it's a nice size, slightly bigger than Carmines I think, so you could probably book the place out if you wanted.[/quote']

Panino is gorgeous - used to eat there a lot when based in George St area. Surprised its the same folk that run Rustico - Rustico is SHITE - overpriced, not very good food and crap service. Weird......