aberdeen-music

need drumming help!!!!

Guest emoth_gurl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTFs that? Is there a lesson in there somewhere?

I think the best bet for someone starting out in aberdeen would be give to check out your local youth project they usually got some stuff happening in there for young musicians, I remember Japo doing the rounds along time ago. Also check out your school, if your still playing in 6 months and your getting the hang of it then give a teacher your money, Archer and Nick will take you down a proven path that will give you the confidence and facility to do your own stuff, Im not saying I like how these characters teach but for a beginner I doubt you'll get any better, they are a bit pricey tho.

Mike

Play the whole of Skesis by Strapping Young Lad and tell me that metal drumming requires no skill' date=' infact I will give you 20 if you can play it.

I just attempted to listen to 4 of their tracks on myspace - very tedious ,not worth enduring for even 200 -I downloaded syl live,pity they could not edit it so the drummer was playing the bit you are hearing,not my cup of tea, very forgettable music ,I'm off to learn Real Life by Magazine ,namby pamby with a hint of Jazz leanings ,but far more interesting to play.[/quote']

So the drummer doesnt actually play his drums?

I will teach you faster and cheaper than anyone else' date='see me in action at The Moorings tonight with [url']http://www.16again.co.uk/ I have noticed that several Aberdeen tutors spin out lessons for months,my aim is to teach quickly so that people can jam or gig ASAP .

Several people I taught went on to form succesful bands ,I think that is more important than having a bit of paper that says I can drum .

Give me links to bands you want to play, with Artist ,song name, and playing time,I'll track them down, and I will teach you how to play them,no Jazz or stupid, boring, metal, double kick pedal action.

no Jazz or stupid, boring, metal, double kick pedal action.

Why do you not teach these types of music Biz?.....I think some of this type of stuff is ok, but would be very hard to play well....is this the reason?

I have to say this, I had never played drums before and Biz showed me the basics on the kit. After about 15-20 minutes I was sort of holding down a basic beat. Multiply that time by 18 (6hrs), and would probably have been able to do basic songs in a band.

But Biz, you do talk drivel sometimes.:up:

I have to say this' date=' I had never played drums before and Biz showed me the basics on the kit. After about 15-20 minutes I was sort of holding down a basic beat. Multiply that time by 18 (6hrs), and would probably have been able to do basic songs in a band.

But Biz, you do told drivel sometimes.:up:[/quote']

Any half-decent drummer can get someone playing one or two simple beats in minutes.

The "I won't teach jazz or double-bass" stuff is bloody nonsense TBH.....it's up to the customer what he/she gets taught.....if the teacher refuses, it tells me one thing about the teacher...he/she cant play it themselves

Steve White uses them well with Paul Weller' date='most metal bands play tedious repetitive noisy drivel that requires little skill.[/quote']little skill?check out 'the berzerker' and watch thieir drummer.a former jazz drummer,but has a world record of 320 bpm with his double kick drumming.i'd say it would take a great deal of skill to do the likes of that,it's the same with jazz guitarists,they play real fast,then turn to metal.it's cool to be diverse,not just single minded about music.it's a mix and match to see what works best and when.