aberdeen-music

What kind of guitar

paime

Guest DustyDeviada
Just quoting myself there to show what I actually said' date=' rather than being told that I claimed to know about these 300 guitars.

[/quote']

I'll let you off then, it seems the real offender in terms of misinformation here is Eriktarka.

Tokai's ain't made from Chipboard!

I'm sure he'll drop in soon to offer his grovelling apology. ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The japanese Tokai's DO have a good reputation, you're just being a snob and picking out the Korean versions. :p

Gibsons are good, but they are not worth the money they go for.

Guest DustyDeviada
The japanese Tokai's DO have a good reputation' date=' you're just being a snob and picking out the Korean versions. :p

Gibsons are good, but they are not worth the money they go for.[/quote']

Hey, the Korean Tokai's have a good rep too, that's why I'm thinking of buying one. All I was doing is pointing out what they are made of.

And I think Gibsons are worth the money, provided you pay the right price, ie not R&B Music/Bruce Millers prices. The prices in the links on the first page are good value for money in my book, and I bought my two Les Pauls in the US where it's even cheaper. :up:

Hey' date=' the Korean Tokai's have a good rep too, that's why I'm thinking of buying one. All I was doing is pointing out what they are made of.

And I think Gibsons are worth the money, provided you pay the right price, ie not R&B Music/Bruce Millers prices. The prices in the links on the first page are good value for money in my book, and I bought my two Les Pauls in the US where it's even cheaper. :up:[/quote']

You're still a snob! :D

Obviously I'm just jeleaous cos of your wonderful guitar collection!

Chipboard

chipboard.jpg

Ply

plywood2.jpg

Haha... pwned!

Anyway, I was not aware that the Korean models were made from chipboard. Let me retort.

What about the Japanese ones? The Korean ones are lower quality as you'd expect.

I'm gonna have to do some further investigation into the Jap ones.

Guest DustyDeviada

Chipboard, plywood, pah. ;) OK, so I failed techie.

The lower priced Japanese ones seem to have a two piece mahogany body, plain maple cap with flame maple veneer/laminate.

The more expensive (ie same price as a Gibson) have one piece body with a flame maple top and nitro finish. I think they also have the long neck tenon, but that's a whole different argument. Some of them seem to have maple necks like the 70s Gibsons.

I'd say go down to R and B/Bruce Millers and try a bunch of guitars' date=' then see if you can find them cheaper...[/quote']

Absolutely, "Try before you buy" is always the best way. One of the best guitars I ever played was a mates Rickenbacker, which I wouldn't have given the time of day to otherwise. You might surprise yourself with what you find to be the perfectly set up guitar for you, don't limit yourself to certain brands. :up:

• Upvote 1

Guest lime ruined my life
ok' date=' sop a lot of you are saying that a good guitar ages well and perhaps even gets better - does that mean that buying a second hand one might be an option?[/quote']

I'd say it's probably the best option.

better to have a good second hand guitar than a shit new one, unless money isn't a concern.

• Upvote 1

ok' date=' sop a lot of you are saying that a good guitar ages well and perhaps even gets better - does that mean that buying a second hand one might be an option?[/quote']

Gotta watch out for fakes as well if you're buying 'desirable' guitars etc.