aberdeen-music

Your first ever gig in Aberdeen?

cutie claire

Ha' date=' you're joking o_O .....[/quote']

Nope, no shit!

I can't remember if that was the date - seem to remember going through a couple of years after that gig only to find it was cancelled - but it was definately 1989!

I was up in the balcony at the Capitol - first and only time up there. All the other gigs I saw three afterwards (Big Country again, Iron Maiden, Black Crowes) I was downstairs.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Thrash of the Tartans, I think it was, Korpse, Inextremis, Obelisk and Brain Damage (?), Caesar's Palace 1991. First gig ever was Lawnmower Deth in Edinburgh the previous year.

Guest bluesxman
Nope' date=' no shit!

I can't remember if that was the date - seem to remember going through a couple of years after that gig only to find it was cancelled - but it was definately 1989!

I was up in the balcony at the Capitol - first and only time up there. All the other gigs I saw three afterwards (Big Country again, Iron Maiden, Black Crowes) I was downstairs.[/quote']

I remember the night well, had not long got my first motor and was driving, got a flat on way home.....we were downstairs right at the front. Bought a T shirt which had the prvious tour's dates on it from a couple of years before, ripping off bastards!.....think the only other gig I went to there was Ride on the Going Blank Again tour, Verve supported and 'Mad' Richard was in full effect, got loads of kids on stage, the security went nuts....

Guest bluesxman
Thrash of the Tartans' date=' I think it was, Korpse, Inextremis, Obelisk and Brain Damage (?), Caesar's Palace 1991. First gig ever was Lawnmower Deth in Edinburgh the previous year.[/quote']

Was Caesar's Palace the place down stairs on Crown Street??? Was trying to remember the name of that place the other day....

The Others with the rakes supporting them at the lemontree

Babyshambles at moshulu' date=' the 2 encores were blinding

Bromheads jacket at the tunnels, best crowd interaction ever[/quote']

How can you have three firse ever gigs in aberdeen?

Anyway.

Mine was supposed to be Madman is absolute and some other bands but none of them could get to aberdeen because of the snow so it was just Bodies that played, in Dr Drakes

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Was Caesar's Palace the place down stairs on Crown Street??? Was trying to remember the name of that place the other day....

Think so, it was that long ago! It was also called "Tatlers" at one stage.

How can you have three firse ever gigs in aberdeen?

Anyway.

Mine was supposed to be Madman is absolute and some other bands but none of them could get to aberdeen because of the snow so it was just Bodies that played' date=' in Dr Drakes[/quote']I was at that. Me, Paul and Paul did some slayer and vader covers as well. we were awful.

My first one was Oddity and some other bands in Lava in 2001.

Pallas at The Ritzy...1983 I think?(

Big band wise Iron Maiden (Live After Death) / Waysted followed in quick succession by Dio (Last in Line) / Queensryche at the Capitol.

Dio and Queensryche at the Capitol' date=' think it was in '84.[/quote']

I'm sure it was Sept 85

Nah, Caeser's was upstairs somewhere in Crown Street. The entrance was across the road from MacAndrews / Star & Garter / Whatever it's called - is there not a bakers next door at the top of Windmill Brae?

There's still a canopy / overhang over the door there - not sure what's in there now.

Saw a few Metal gigs in there back in my Metal Years - Atom Seed, Bolt Thrower, Paradise Lost, Mordred (who were great at the time!).

That must have been around September 1991 - I'd seen them at Donington a month or two beforehand as well.

And never seen them since!

I was there and The Black Crowes were shite. I loved the Moneymaker album and they were just half assed and forgettable. The last night of their tour I think. Most depressing.

I was there and The Black Crowes were shite. I loved the Moneymaker album and they were just half assed and forgettable. The last night of their tour I think. Most depressing.

you've got better memory than me! I can't remember if they were any good or not. They were great at Donington though.

Support was from Thee Hypnotics at the Capitol, I seem to remember.

Guest bluesxman
Nah' date=' Caeser's was upstairs somewhere in Crown Street. The entrance was across the road from MacAndrews / Star & Garter / Whatever it's called - is there not a bakers next door at the top of Windmill Brae?

There's still a canopy / overhang over the door there - not sure what's in there now.

Saw a few Metal gigs in there back in my Metal Years - Atom Seed, Bolt Thrower, Paradise Lost, Mordred (who were great at the time!).[/quote']

Hmmm, I have recollections of going downstairs below the club, Tatlers was the one I couldn't remember the name, but am probably wrong - went to see Kingmaker there anyway!