aberdeen-music

Your first ever gig in Aberdeen?

cutie claire

Well i rather disagree with the shite part' date=' but Sony refuse to release their third album until they come up with a single that is a hit.[/quote']

Never knew that, but it doesn't surprise me really, given how spectacular a failure I to Sky was.

Greaney's idiotic haircut at that time did nothing for the band, though :D

wow

Hmmm' date=' I have recollections of going downstairs below the club, Tatlers was the one I couldn't remember the name, but am probably wrong - went to see Kingmaker there anyway![/quote']

one of my bands ALMOST supported them - we took all our gear into Caesars Palace which was run by Ray Daniel ,but never played, SCRAPE THE SKY was excellent,nice chaps too.

Mega City 4 were ace there and The Beach Ballroom too,I bumped into their bass player doing the Shaking Stevens tour a few weeks ago.

The Tivoli

I suppose I might amend mine to the Calum Kennedy show at the Tivoli (late 60s????) Will Starr was great!!!

Ahh those were the days - beautiful venue,my grandmother was a highland dance judge and instructor,she used to take dance troups to The Tivoli from Banffshire,hope they get funding to open it again-The Arts Centre is ok but not as nice.

Been to His Majesties a few times too but I don't really class these events as gigs,so my first would have to be The Angelic Upstarts and Infa Riot -Fusion 2.50 Jan 20th 1981

Ok' date=' this isn't as hard as you may think - subtract 12 from your current age ok? this will give you a figure - we'll call it x. Now, subtract x from the current year - this is 2006. the figure you are left with is the year of the gig.

Who said Stereophonics fans were thick?[/quote']

Yes but to be honest i didnt care.

you've got better memory than me! I can't remember if they were any good or not. They were great at Donington though.

Support was from Thee Hypnotics at the Capitol' date=' I seem to remember.[/quote']

I remember because it was so dissapointing. Skilly was there too and Ivor drove us home at warp speed 10

The 44s in 2002, when I was in first year at uni. Was at the Lemon Tree and I can't for the life of me remember who they were supporting.

Went down because my mate Dougie was filling in for their trombone player. Dougie ended up joining the band as did my mate Dave who I went to school with. Dougie's left again but Dave's still there.

My first proper gig would have been The Shamen - Music Hall - 1991 (I think).

Before that it was going to see 'shite pop shite' at Ritzys from 1984 till about 1988 and I'm not even going to try and remember who they were but it certainly was not live singing :O

How can you have three firse ever gigs in aberdeen?

Anyway.

Mine was supposed to be Madman is absolute and some other bands but none of them could get to aberdeen because of the snow so it was just Bodies that played' date=' in Dr Drakes[/quote']

put my comment on the wrong thread, was meant for the top three gigs thread

Guest bluesxman
terrorvision at the music hall. think it was 96

I was at that and at The Mudd Club later they were all there. Singer was trashed, on his knees by the stage leering at young girls. Think I still have my signed ticket somewhere.

Guest bluesxman
one of my bands ALMOST supported them - we took all our gear into Caesars Palace which was run by Ray Daniel ' date='but never played, SCRAPE THE SKY was excellent,nice chaps too.

Mega City 4 were ace there and The Beach Ballroom too,I bumped into their bass player doing the Shaking Stevens tour a few weeks ago.[/quote']

Kingmaker's first album was great, they went really downhill after that though.....they were supported by a band called Sensitize or something, they were great live but when I bought their single when it came out it was really weak and dare I say NAMBY PAMBY:up: