aberdeen-music

Why did you join aberdeen-music?

cutie claire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i joined last year or the year before or maybe even the year before that.....How i got here no idea i was into writing lyrics and a mate suggested i post it on here DO NOT DO THAT lol

Ive enjoyed my time here at abdn-Music especialy the insults ohhh i cant live without being called a nobba atleast once a month.

Since the AUBL days, thinking back, logan wolverine, tinkerbell, 5pointe0, rhino....aww...

anyhoo!! Yeah about 5 yrs now...ok, maybe 4, or not...or maybe...

Oh yeah, and the point, I came on here after being directed by a member of Flight 19, I believe. And just never left...I used to be 'stacey', 'scott', and prolly a few others....at some point.

Guest Craig C

I stumbled across the AUBL site by searching for 'aberdeen bands' on Google or something - then ended up from there to here!

EDIT: I used to be 'Smooth_Groover' but recently changed to this...

I've been on these boards since its inception, due to previously being on the AUBL board and a couple of others; good old memories of writing an article for the Alphabetty website in response to Sam Addison's slating of TAR, and doing some articles for Fudge, 'Uncle Mikey's Guide to Nu-metal' earning me an unexpected but perhaps predictable nickname, until Subsisty intruded on my life like a monstrous elephant barging over everything in its path, taking my dignity with it.

I initially went onto AUBL after I heard there was a poll about my old band Subsist, asking whether we were great or terrible. It transpired that Lewis of Seven Stone Under had been writing various derogatory comments about me and the band despite the fact we hadn't even played yet (a few months earlier I'd kicked SSU guitarist Gavin out of my flat though we're friends again now). Fortuntately the poll had an option for 'haven't heard of Subsist', which unsurprisingly won the day, but from there on in I inexpicably found myself drawn into the web of pointless debates and anonymous bitching...

Guest bluesxman

Joined about this time last year after following a link from The Lemon Tree website. Decided it may help get involved playing in a band so has been ultimately successful.

Also has had distinct effect on bank balance as have discovered loads of new bands and gone to lots of gigs I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Ah well.

didnt aberden music have a bit with photos on it? like i remember when aubl was bravenet i used to read it. cause my sister posted on it. i even helped her win a cd rack from one up off the aubl site.

but i remember having links to abdn music but for photos like the liber8 ones and some quik ones. which ive got saved on my computer....

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Phat Tom told me to do it.

It took over my life.

I now live with Neil.

It's a dangerous path...

Blimey, you certainly got more than you bargained for.