aberdeen-music

The Official England World Cup Song is to be sung by.........

french_disko

Embrace!!

This is great news - I hate Embrace as much as the England Football team so I'm not having any weird musical / football conflict such as with New Order in 1990.

I hope this is an omen - by choosing a no-doubt maudlin balled "sung" (and I use the term lightly in Danny McNamara's case) by the indie westlife I can only hope that England are preparing for failure and have chosen a depressing, "heartfelt" (again used lightly) track that will look good in the final credits on the BBC after they go out on penalties in the quarter finals to the eventual winners.

Roll on the World Cup!

Whether you like them or not' date=' and I do, can you think of any other band who could do the singalong football anthem any better?[/quote']

Embrace don't really do "anthems" though, do they? Like I said - it's all maudlin, gloomy (badly sung) ballads and they are the indie Westlife.

I'm sure there are bands of their ilk that are more likely to provide a "singalong football anthem" - Kaiser Cheifs? hard Fi?

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm sure there are bands of their ilk that are more likely to provide a "singalong football anthem" - Kaiser Cheifs? hard Fi?

Yep, even Oasis.

The song Embrace have out at the moment is the gayest thing I've ever heard "Nature's Law", WTF? Every time it comes on the radio I think it's that old cheesy song that goes "Listen to your heart".

Guest bluesxman

They should use that Oasis 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' song that they kept playing when they lost last time, sure it will still be apt this time around. And it makes it doubly amusing to hear them girning on about their misfortunes.

They were a great singles band when they came out, All You Good Good People and of course Come Back To What You Know, which i still love. Even that one written by Chris Martin was ok. However, the song they have out just now is shite, as is everything else ive ever heard by them minus the ones ive mentioned.

Anyway' date=' just shows you football is rubbish these days and that rugby is a true natured sport.[/quote']

football

in the uk football is at its highestsalary/lowestskill ratio ever,

will however enjoy watching juve tonight against londons

third best team.

rugby

i agree & thats fine unless you support the english rugby union team...........