aberdeen-music

Paul O'Grady

Swingin' Ryan

Why did you say that disliking two fairly repellant tv hosts is homophobic.

Its ok to dislike one, as everyone on here so far does, but two shows something more sinister eh? Often I find those calling people, homophobic, racist or facist to be the first to show intolerance.

Personally, I find the hysterical screaming queer stereotype shown in the british media to be homophobic, are there any openly gay presenters on tv who dont play this feeble jester character?

Oh, and before you ask, I'm not homophobic, I'm nae feart of nae poof

Guest Neubeatz

OMG, not

Paul O'Grady!!! dear o dear, we'll all get our throats slit as we sleep........................................................................................................................

Why did you say that disliking two fairly repellant tv hosts is homophobic.

Its ok to dislike one' date=' as everyone on here so far does, but two shows something more sinister eh? [/quote']

Disliking a tv presenter is all well and good, I personally dont like several, I dont dislike Paul o'grady I dont think he's the greatest but I certainly dont think he or anyone else should have been "drowned at birth" do you think its a coincidence the two presenters are openly gay? and dont you think that drowning at birth would be a fate saved for something more than bad tv presenting......its possibly something someone who has a strong hatred of homosexuals might suggest dont you think?

Disliking a tv presenter is all well and good' date=' I personally dont like several, I dont dislike Paul o'grady I dont think he's the greatest but I certainly dont think he or anyone else should have been "drowned at birth" do you think its a coincidence the two presenters are openly gay? and dont you think that drowning at birth would be a fate saved for something more than bad tv presenting......its possibly something someone who has a strong hatred of homosexuals might suggest dont you think?[/quote']

True but it can also be quite innocent especially if you're not into very campy stuff, the very camp demeanour and style of OTT presenting that they both do can be very annoying for people, which is a different issue to them being gay, as I know of many camp straight people. I dont like either and its nothing to do with them being gay, more their manner and the way they are on tv, sexuality doesnt come into it. I find a lot of the OTT presenting to be really annoying, and prefer my chat show hosts to be more of a certain way. Straight chat show hosts that are also annoying in that way such as Davina McCall.

Cheers

Stuart

True but it can also be quite innocent especially if you're not into very campy stuff' date=' the very camp demeanour and style of OTT presenting that they both do can be very annoying for people, which is a different issue to them being gay, as I know of many camp straight people. I dont like either and its nothing to do with them being gay, more their manner and the way they are on tv, sexuality doesnt come into it. I find a lot of the OTT presenting to be really annoying, and prefer my chat show hosts to be more of a certain way. Straight chat show hosts that are also annoying in that way such as Davina McCall.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Yes but the point I'm making is, disliking someone on the telly shouldnt cause someone to wish them drowned at birth, that I feel, is a fate that should be kept for a much deeper hatred. For instance....Fred West, I believe, should have been drowned at birth.

Yes but the point I'm making is' date=' disliking someone on the telly shouldnt cause someone to wish them drowned at birth, that I feel, is a fate that should be kept for a much deeper hatred. For instance....Fred West, I believe, should have been drowned at birth.[/quote']

Yeah but I think that its just a phrase I dont think anyone genuinely wanted that, they would just prefer to not have to see them in particular on their TVs etc again. I think its just like when you tell someone to sod off and die etc you dont actually want them to do it, you just say it.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada
Yeah but I think that its just a phrase I dont think anyone genuinely wanted that' date=' they would just prefer to not have to see them in particular on their TVs etc again. I think its just like when you tell someone to sod off and die etc you dont actually want them to do it, you just say it.

[/quote']

Exactly, Graeme I think you should just hold your hands up and admit that you got it wrong on this one, suggesting that the reason he disliked them was because they are both gay was a pretty big assumption.

Anyhoo, I don't watch any of this crap, but it seems clear to me that ITV are the real villains of the piece for showing repeats just to try to confuse people.

Guest DustyDeviada
How the fuck would you know twat....they were both dead when you were 5.

Fair dos' date=' what he obviously meant to say was:

"yer ma [i']had ba's and yer da loved it" ;)