aberdeen-music

Could you eat your height in Subway?

Kai

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could probably eat 3 maybe 4 out of the required 6 pretty...pretty poor I know. The shorter and chubbier among us are at a distinct advantage me thinks...not that I'm making excuses.

Have to admit that I once tried to do something of a similar nature, only with a cheese & tomato variety 18" Costco pizza. We would occasionally share 1 between 3 of us at work. One day I made a fairly unmodest claim that I could eat a whole one myself...all 6 slices of...I was wrong!

To my credit I did manage to polish off 5 slices...mysteriously went home ill after lunch though.

I know what you're thinking an 18" pizza doesn't sound to challenging...but it is. I'm 5"10 and only 12 stone...if you don't believe me try it yourself.

I used to like Cheese & Tomato pizzas, but after that fateful day I can no longer stomach the site of one.

What moral can we take from all this then? That eating challenges are just asking for trouble, and you'll go off something that you once liked? Nah...do it! You can always go to sizzlers if you go off subs.

The thing about drinking your weight in beer is that your weight increases with each pint so you'd be there forever!

I'd be up for a Sub2way challenge like that: I'm currently addicted to Tesco Healthy Living wraps: the Chicken Salsa and Chicken Caesar ones are astounding. And the Weightwatchers Chicken Fajita ones I bought one day when they had sold out of everything else are sublime too. Just eaten four today. And four yesterday.

Two mates of mine once had an eating competition when we were students. Elliott was a big lad and Jamie was very thin but ate like a horse.They went to Pizza Hut on Union St for one of those all you can eat deals and had large salads, 19 slices ofg pizza each and deserts. Then they declares it a drawer. Jamie said the bus journey home was one of the most horrible sensations of his life.

In case anyone was interested, I went for that Subway I was deliberating over today, and not in a taxi, and then I wasn't really hungry but I ate it anyway. It was a nice meal, despite the lack of sweet chilli sauce. I don't understand why every Subway can't just have it! because chilli sauce isn't the same at all.

• 1 month later...
Guest DustyDeviada

There is now a Subway in Banchory.

On Friday they were giving out free drinks with every sandwich as an opening offer.

Just thought that everyone would like to know.