aberdeen-music

Master Of Puppets album to be covered...

HateEvent

it looks like fucking tripe. apart from possibly Mastodon and F4aF.

And I dont think they should do this with Reign in Blood. Ever. In this lifetime. Slayer wrote it, recorded it and no, nobody will do it better or make it sound more interesting, other than Tori Amos(not really more interesting, just a weird take on it).

And I dont think they should do this with Reign in Blood. Ever. In this lifetime. Slayer wrote it' date=' recorded it and no, nobody will do it better or make it sound more interesting, other than Tori Amos(not really more interesting, just a weird take on it).[/quote']

Here here.

I'm even with you on the Tori Amos angle.

The only time I really like cover albums are when they are industrial versions of metal songs and therefore aren't meant to sound like the originals. Such as 'Covered In Black' and 'The Blackest Album'.

it looks like fucking tripe. apart from possibly Mastodon and F4aF.

And I dont think they should do this with Reign in Blood. Ever. In this lifetime. Slayer wrote it' date=' recorded it and no, nobody will do it better or make it sound more interesting, other than Tori Amos(not really more interesting, just a weird take on it).[/quote']

Not even Die Krupps? Their Metallica covers were amazing...

So how many folks here saw Metallica on the Puppets tour?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had a listen to it yet? Have been given a copy but haven't had time to listen to it properly

Just a little listen, so my opinion might be further refined, but I was disappointed that pretty much all the bands just went for a straight cover, I can understand replicating a song if you're in a covers band, but I'd have hoped for alternative takes to make things more interesting... perhaps as a band they're better (I've not heard them), but the Mendeed 'Thing That Should Not Be' is awful, bad bad vocals and the production particularly suffers in comparison to Trivium before them, not that they can help that with a more limited budget (I'd imagine), but it comes across badly.

Dayeth hit the nail on the head really. i would much rather hear bands adding something diffrent to the songs (which his list of opeth, tool etc would surley do) than a whole bunch of watered down version of the original.

every band on that list i find boring. well, not mastodon.

maybe they should do a blackwater park cover album :D lets see rob flynn rap his way out of that one...

Just a little listen' date=' so my opinion might be further refined, but I was disappointed that pretty much all the bands just went for a straight cover, I can understand replicating a song if you're in a covers band, but I'd have hoped for alternative takes to make things more interesting... perhaps as a band they're better (I've not heard them), but the Mendeed 'Thing That Should Not Be' is awful, bad bad vocals and the production particularly suffers in comparison to Trivium before them, not that they can help that with a more limited budget (I'd imagine), but it comes across badly.[/quote']

Nail. Head.

Seriously, that Mendeed cover is fucking shocking!

Seriously' date=' that Mendeed cover is fucking shocking![/quote']

That silly bit with the blast beats sounds cheap and shit. Damage Inc is ruined by the stupid emo vocals. Trivium wank a little on MOP and it also sounds shit. Mastodon and Machine Head were alright

Machine head battery: an alright cover i thought, nothing too special but they added something to it i suppose

Trivium Master of Puppets: technically solid, they nailed all the parts well enough. But totally pointless in all honestly. Trivium would make a good garage covers band...thats about it.

Mendeed The Thing That Should Not Be: I appreciated them trying to do something different with the song. But it sounded shite

Bullet for my valentine Sanitarium: sounded weak and i hated the vocals

Chimaira Disposable Heroes: sounded great and i quite liked the different vocals

Fightstar Leper Messiah: i was actually really surprised by this one. They gave it a really good shot. Only the vocals really let them down

Mastodon Orion: sounded great. But not as heavy as i was expecting. Best song on the cd

Funeral For Friend Damage, Inc: again, i was really surprised with this one. I actually quite liked it and thought it was far better than trivium

yes, its terrible.

Fightstar is the best effort on it, and I underline the world effort.

FFAF completely pissed on Damage Inc, everything else was an unimaginitve straight cover but with shittier vocals. Even Orion was terrible, it was the song same song but with no atmosphere at all and they ruined the solo at the end.

pish.