aberdeen-music

The Aberdeen audiences

black_matter

Are you seriously suggesting that someone will go to a David Gray gig at the AECC as their first gig and automatically think 'My God' date=' I loved that live show, think I shall go to this hardcore punk all day show that's being flyered because I now love live music so much?' [/quote']

No, but you MIGHT get them to go to an acoustic night...

There seems to be so much aggression and anger out there thats just no use. Why doesn't everyone learn to get along and like each other? Just let things be' date=' boogie and have a good time folks![/quote']

and here is a man who knows how to keep a crowd (30 years?)

tommy dene is a legend!

in his presence women turn to sheer mush, no joke

me' date=' Maxi and Tom were down in DeadFest where we were told that "good to have people come down from Aberdeen and be cheerleaders for the whole weekend"

[/quote']

Fuckin Word.

I think there is a decent crowd in Aberdeen. It may not be as big as the crowds in other bigger citys (No real surprise there is there, but to be honest considering how small the city is I think we do well) but I think that the majority of the people that I see at gigs I attend are there to have a good time and listen to music they are going to enjoy.

Desalvo at the East Neuk was fantistic and I think they rated the Aberdeen gig better that the glasgow one too, so thats another to add to teabags list.

If you want to see a decent sized crowd having a lot of fun pop in to the East Neuk on saturday. I'd be willing to bet you will find a healthy mix of people all having fun, listening to bands that are having fun playing.

If that constitutes a rubbish crowd then I'm a monkeys unkle

East Neuk this Sat is gonna be crazy!

Yep all you folk who think Aberdeen has a shite audience come to this gig and i garantee you will see lots of movement ( well two - three men/woman rowing action ) crowd - band interaction and alot of folk generally having a fucking good time regardless wheter you enjoy the music or not.

Beats sitting on your arse posting inane drivel on here.

I do understand most of my posts consist of complete shite but thats besides the point. o_O

i think

so yeah

East Nuek (beside gala bingo on king street)

Saturday around 8pm

Lots of bands

Lots Of Booze

Lots of Pyramids

to be honest, i just read this thread start to finnish and it is all just a childish bitchfest.

everyone seemed to raise a few valid points (maxi especially, and he is a guy i generally dont ever agree with)

aberdeen mainstream aecc gigs are always over-infested with coke head neds, dont like it? go see a good fucking band.

as for crowd size, i have only seen 2 people in this thread raise the argument that aberdeen is smaller... just think population-size-wise, we are doing pretty fucking well, and from my experiances smaller (drummonds, tunnels ect) gigs in aberdeen tend to be a lot more packed than glasgow ones.

just thought i'd add, i got into teh aberdeen smaller gig scene because of a friends band playing, which is how a lot of ppl i know got into gigs.

thats all i've got to say, ill leave now and wait to be quoted and called a cunt ect.

Xx

to be honest' date=' i just read this thread start to finnish and it is all just a childish bitchfest.

everyone seemed to raise a few valid points (maxi especially, and he is a guy i generally dont ever agree with)

aberdeen mainstream aecc gigs are always over-infested with coke head neds, dont like it? go see a good fucking band.

as for crowd size, i have only seen 2 people in this thread raise the argument that aberdeen is smaller... just think population-size-wise, we are doing pretty fucking well, and from my experiances smaller (drummonds, tunnels ect) gigs in aberdeen tend to be a lot more packed than glasgow ones.

just thought i'd add, i got into teh aberdeen smaller gig scene because of a friends band playing, which is how a lot of ppl i know got into gigs.

thats all i've got to say, ill leave now and wait to be quoted and called a cunt ect.

Xx[/quote']

i didn't intend for it to turn into a bitchfest but its spiralled. Mind you it's good to see a difference of opinions be argued positively between the odd few

i shall now go and make a sandwhich.....a cheese sandwhich.

loooooooooonnnnngggesssssttttt sentence in the wwoooorrrrllldddddd...............

You said you didnt want my life story, then you said it was a generalisation, but thats the point surely if it can happen, even to a small number of people it's a good thing to keep an influx of people into the Aberdeen gigging scene - I was never suggesting for a second that a large number of people go to see smaller bands after getting the bug from bigger bands - otherwise everyy band would be playing the AECC - but there are people who realise they enjoy going to see live music from going to bigger gigs which you seem willing to admit to, so why try and start some kind of slagging match anyway ?