aberdeen-music

evil flatmates

catherine

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god this is the flat from hell. i had to call the police last night cause of our neighbours. we have concrete walls and my room is the other side of the flat from the wall that another flat shares. yet i could make out all the lyrics to their music from 3am-7.30am.

even when the police came. they put the music back on again 5 mins later and twice as loud. ive had nooooo sleep.

if i just let them come and stay - the worst that will happen is ill be homeless and or have to live in a war soon. when anne is in a mood you do not want to be near her.

You've got a lease, so they can't just kick you out. If you feel like it, go to whoever the student advisors are there and ask them to go through the lease with you - it may very well be that there's nothing the landlord can do about you having guests staying if they are simply guests and not resident there.

And if she goes in a mood...knock her lights out ;)

sorry if this has already been said but surely if your paying an amount for your room, you should be allowed to have who you want there within reason.

If they wont let you have 2 people over who are in need of a place to crash to stay in the space you pay £200 a month for, perhaps you should just get a guest house for the three of you and take the expenses out of your monthly rent.

Its not like your planning on taking over the flat with tens of people, tres unreasnoble.

but she has already got her mum to tell me that its too many people.

Err' date=' what on earth has she got to do with it?

As a landlord, she has [b']absolutely no right to tell you what to do in your place. Unless in a very pressing emergency or if you are making persistant trouble for others of course.

Having a couple of friends to stay is unlikley to fall into that category.

As a landlord' date=' she has [b']absolutely no right to tell you what to do in your place. Unless in a very pressing emergency or if you are making persistant trouble for others of course.

Beware though, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if her lease was ultra restrictive. Equally, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if the lease is full of holes.

Beware though' date=' it wouldn't be a huge surprise if her lease was ultra restrictive. Equally, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if the lease is full of holes.[/quote']

Indeed, but this in one thing they couldn't hold you to. I've been here with a well-known Aberdeen Pile-o-crap Leasing ( :up: ) company before who tried to argue that their standard lease gave them the right to send-in workmen & stage flat inspections etc with no notice whatsoever. My solicitor disabused them of that idea pretty quickly after two inspections where we were neither informed nor present & finally the morning my then girlfriend & I woke-up to find a joiner at the end of the bed & wanting to start work in our bedroom. They would need to prove a bit more annoyance than a hookey pet or a serious building matter to get away with that one. :)

The legal term is "Quiet Enjoyment" & your right to that is implied in any lease.