aberdeen-music

Will the smoking ban affect the aberdeen music scene?

RescueParty

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob Double Jack

i think this could help a lot of people stop smoking in the long run, cos they'll get pissed off with going outside in the rain / snow in June and July.

We could discuss this back and forth until we are blue in the face. I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.

Ok, lets see the power of your conviction, if you had children (you may have kids, I dont know) would you smoke in the house/car while they are present? and how would you feel about them taking up the habit?

Ok' date=' lets see the power of your conviction, if you had children (you may have kids, I dont know) would you smoke in the house/car while they are present[/quote']

I assume this is an open question to all smokers. If I had children I would not smoke in the house/car while they are present, because as children in my care they have no choice whether to be in that enviroment or not.

and how would you feel about them taking up the habit?

If they were under 16 I would completely discourage it, as I feel that's just what a parent should do to keep some form of authority (although I wouldn't take away their cigarettes as that would do absolutely nothing other than make them want to do it even more, unless of course I happen to have a young child who starts smoking).

If they are over 16 I would let them do it as the law allows them to make that choice themselves, but they wouldn't be smoking in the house as I've never done that.

Ok' date=' lets see the power of your conviction, if you had children (you may have kids, I dont know) would you smoke in the house/car while they are present? and how would you feel about them taking up the habit?[/quote']

a lot of young parents from aberdeen suburbs do...i just walked past a few 19-something couples today, all wielding baby buggies and ciggies.

drummonds will no longer smell bad. yus.

I like the smell of Drummonds.

ps i do think certain pubs will turn a blind eye

If your thinking of the kidna places I am, then yes, most definately.

But to be honest I think the ban will just increase the shouts of ' I NEED A FAG' from the majority of Scotland.

I think that the music scene/attendance in pubs and clubs in general will benefit, particularly in the first week of the ban. People have been talking about it so much that going out to the pub will be in everyone's minds.

Some of the opinions of those against the ban seem to be verging on a simple dislike of change, for example "smoke and pubs have gone hand in hand for years." I understand this because I hate change myself, but this particular change the the government are making seems to make a lot of sense to most people.

In conclusion: the ban will equal more people and draftier pubs, what with more traffic going in and out of the doors. :rolleyes: Better wrap up warm.

Guest Hon Jonda

I dont think it will because the people who want to see acts will still go whether they can smoke inside or not.

The tunnels is an interesting place for the smoking ban to happen because even if you are outside its still kind of indoors.

Those people who genuinely want to go and see bands and do smoke will quite willingly go outside for a smoke without too much complaint and I think more non-smokers will go to see more acts at the likes of drummonds now that there is less smoke.

When walking into drummonds sometimes there would be a giant cloud of smoke and it would be very offputting it was te same with archies but going in there today was great