aberdeen-music

Thinkpol..etc

Danny Doubt

Ah, what a gig! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Gig of the year so far :D

One Man Race - on top form as usual. Quite a fan of the lead vocals, played very tightly. Got the afternoon off to a fine start, very enjoyable to watch. 4/5

25th Is Not An Option - as with the couple of times I've seen them before, they started off very well and got gradually boring. You can tell they have it in them but I didn't think it was a very polished set. 2/5

Taking Chase - going on the 2 original TC songs, these guys are going to creep up the thumbs-up meter. Could never have guessed it was their first gig, sounded superb. Exciting tunes, nice different sound too. The recycled Living for the End and The Confession were done very nicely, great new touches. Will look forward to seeing them with more tunes. 4/5

Granite Emcees - I was looking forward to these, being different to the average band of the gig but I'm afraid I wasn't very impressed. They came across as rather amateur and the backing tracks all sounded the same, dunno if it was just one long one... Not sure if they were freestyling it in bits but it sounded like it. nil poi/5

The Upstarts - wonderful. I wouldn't have expected anything less. Nice set, tight as always, grand for a bit of a boogey. Hit the Bottle is the tune. 4.5/5

Thinkpol - OMFGM8. Fantastic. I had built them up in my head for so long and definitely not disappointed. The melodies, the energy, the total rocking out. Is This Goodbye and The Rhino Rules are magic live. 'mon the return to the 'deen. Made for lovely house guests too. I have a very drunken recording of Matt doing Wings by Skylar. 5/5 for that alone.

Sonic Boom Six - what can you say, really? Bloody great they were. The new tunes are sounding mighty and the old ones were done as good as always. Northern Skies and Blood For Oil were highlights of the night. Monkey See, Monkey Do too, best dancing song ever. Can't wait for the new album :up: another 5/5

Thank you Kirk!

P.S. I somehow acquired a couple of mix tapes/CDs that look wonderful. Off for a wee listen now.

• Upvote 1

Ah' date=' what a gig! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Gig of the year so far :D[/quote']

Yeh was fucking good gig!

The Upstarts - wonderful. I wouldn't have expected anything less. Nice set' date=' tight as always, grand for a bit of a boogey. Hit the Bottle is [i']the tune. 4.5/5

Yeh these guys are good loving 'Lies, Lies' cant get it out my head since they recorded it in college!

Thinkpol - OMFGM8. Fantastic. I had built them up in my head for so long and definitely not disappointed. The melodies' date=' the energy, the total rocking out. Is This Goodbye and The Rhino Rules are magic live. 'mon the return to the 'deen. Made for lovely house guests too. I have a very drunken recording of Matt doing Wings by Skylar. 5/5 for that alone.[/quote']

6/5 These guys fuckin rocked they have some really good vocal harmonies, a great frontman who can fuckin sing and sing fuckin well! I dont have a fuckin bad word to say about these kool guys :up: was a pleasure to be involved with the sound for them and Jenny got it sounding fuckin rockin! *ears are still ringing*

Sonic Boom Six - what can you say' date=' really? Bloody great they were. The new tunes are sounding mighty and the old ones were done as good as always. Northern Skies and Blood For Oil were highlights of the night. Monkey See, Monkey Do too, best dancing song ever. Can't wait for the new album :up: another 5/5.[/quote']

I'm sorry i didnt enjoy them as much probably because i was too busy concentrating on trying to help Jenny resolve some feedback problems we were having due to the fact the female singer wasnt singin deep into the mic and waving it about infront of monitors. But from what i did see and hear they were decent enough.

BUT THINKPOL were fuckin great and a really nice bunch of guys we need to get them back, someone *cough* (kirk) get them back pronto cant stop listening to the EP.

Take it easy,

Danny.

amy - fancy sticking wings on a yousendit or youtube link?

cheers

It's recorded on my phone and I have no idea how to get it on the computer. It's not that good, 4 minutes of Matt forgetting the words, giggling and my whispering due to losing my voice. Get me to let you hear it next time I see you, whenever that may be.

It's recorded on my phone and I have no idea how to get it on the computer. It's not that good' date=' 4 minutes of Matt forgetting the words, giggling and my whispering due to losing my voice. Get me to let you hear it next time I see you, whenever that may be.[/quote']

Yeah okay. Probs at next punk/ska gig in town. I'll try not to make too much of an arse of myself.

I'm sorry i didnt enjoy them as much probably because i was too busy concentrating on trying to help Jenny resolve some feedback problems we were having due to the fact the female singer wasnt singin deep into the mic and waving it about infront of monitors. But from what i did see and hear they were decent enough.

Oi Oi mate :) with Laila it is difficult to prevent feedback, I know that (I've done sound myself for her). We didn't get a soundcheck because it was an alldayer, she has an unusual voice, in soundcheck is where these things get sorted as you know. We have to deal with going on and winging it fair enough but its just the way it is innit! I'm unsure if its simply about 'singin deep into the mic and waving it about infront of monitors', as much as having a high, reedy voice and moving about a totally reasonable amount for a band of this type to be fair mate...

But thanks for helping with the sound mate, safe. And thnaks to the people that watched us and danced about and made it a cool gig. Thanks even to those who hate us but sat and had a drink and let everyone get on with it. Awesome! See you guys again soon hopefully.

Oi Oi mate :) with Laila it is difficult to prevent feedback' date=' I know that (I've done sound myself for her). We didn't get a soundcheck because it was an alldayer, she has an unusual voice, in soundcheck is where these things get sorted as you know. We have to deal with going on and winging it fair enough but its just the way it is innit! I'm unsure if its simply about 'singin deep into the mic and waving it about infront of monitors', as much as having a high, reedy voice and moving about a totally reasonable amount for a band of this type to be fair mate...

But thanks for helping with the sound mate, safe. And thnaks to the people that watched us and danced about and made it a cool gig. Thanks even to those who hate us but sat and had a drink and let everyone get on with it. Awesome! See you guys again soon hopefully.[/quote']

no probs giv me a shout when ur back up this end and i'll try and help you guys out anyway i can. Btw u did have some killer harmonies :up:

take it easy and dont fuck urself too much on the rest of the tour!

Danny.