aberdeen-music

thursday 16th March!!!tunnel's!!COPY HAHO>DEDALUS>COLONOPENBRACKET

roopy

you sent that twice you weirdo! i love you, no hate, no love, no hate, yes HATE. joe you'd better not take off in them shoes mid way through the set. actually tou...you cld and fly round the tunnel's like superman, or mario, you might have to buy a big lead though..oh, or you could have a wireless lead..wait a minute a wireless guitar..wait a minute..eh

Wow!

Where to start?

Colon - Best i've seen then definately in terms of sound quality. Live set seems to have come on a fair bit in the last few weeks/months. A really good turnout for them as well. Really enjoyed their set and thought it couldnt get much better UNTIL......

Dedalus - Absolutely unbe-fucking-lieveable. First time i have seen them since their 'Funeral' last Summer. They showed fantastic songwriting talent and realy blew me away with their newer stuff. To be fair the whole set i was thinking 'how cool would it be if they invited Dave up to play Almost Parallel'.....Dun dun dun...."Who thinks we should invite Dave Officer up to play Almost Parallel?" Fucking hell that absolutely made my night/week/month/year - was absolutely fantastic and could probably ramble on about it forever. You should have seen the smile on my face....i'm sure Katy will back up that. Really sad to see Steven going - he has a great vocal talent and will be sorely missed.

Copy Haho - Very good/ tight if not a bit weird band. Newer songs sounded really good but i was really hoping to hear 'Maquette' or a song off of the split EP. Will definately buy the 7-inch when it comes out though.

Fantastic night - Dedalus made it for me.

To be fair the whole set i was thinking 'how cool would it be if they invited Dave up to play Almost Parallel'.....Dun dun dun...."Who thinks we should invite Dave Officer up to play Almost Parallel?" Fucking hell that absolutely made my night/week/month/year - was absolutely fantastic and could probably ramble on about it forever.

agreed. had a feeling it would happen (noone told me about it beforehand but I had a hunch) and it was a fitting end to the whole thing. superb gig and a great goodbye. Dedalus were amazing tonight.

agreed. had a feeling it would happen (noone told me about it beforehand but I had a hunch) and it was a fitting end to the whole thing. superb gig and a great goodbye. Dedalus were amazing tonight.

yea no one told me either! it was a truly great night and a fitting end. i can't think of a better way to end the whole dedalus saga(and i don't just mean by inviting me onstage, i mean the whole shebang).

colon openbracket weren't really my thing but i can see why they're popular, quite tight and good at what they're doing.

dedalus(pre-my appearance) were awesome. it was just spot on. henry got cancer was ace as was the other one when rob sings with steven. every song was good and steven was in fine fettle.

copy haho were good. not the best i've seen them but always a pleasure. i can't think of a better band to play at the last dedalus gig. it feels like everything dedalus has done has involved copy haho to some degree.

i'm gutted steven's going. last night was grand though, much dancing and drinking and good times.

Guest bluesxman

March 16th, 21:15-ish, Prince Of Wales

'Why don't we play 'Almost Parallel?'

'Cool. Let's get Dave up if he's game'

'OK'

And so another well thought out Dedalus plan came together.

March 16th' date=' 21:15-ish, Prince Of Wales

'Why don't we play 'Almost Parallel?'

'Cool. Let's get Dave up if he's game'

'OK'

And so another well thought out Dedalus plan came together.[/quote']

haha, that does not surprise me in the slightest.

woulda been better if i hadn't broken that string two seconds into it :(

Guest bluesxman
haha' date=' that does not surprise me in the slightest.

woulda been better if i hadn't broken that string two seconds into it :([/quote']

It was a good plan which came together nicely. The A Team had nothing on us. I think you had been practicing 'just in case'.:up: Didn't notice you breaking a string, but then I was trying to remember a song I'd played about 3 times 4 months ago. :)

It was a good plan which came together nicely. The A Team had nothing on us. I think you had been practicing 'just in case'.:up: Didn't notice you breaking a string' date=' but then I was trying to remember a song I'd played about 3 times 4 months ago. :)[/quote']

nah, almost parallel's one of those songs that even if i don't play it for 5 years i'll still remember it. plus my part was never that complicated.

Hugh returned to tunnels after he had gone for some post sound check dinner, to find his band is not there. Hugh remembers that they have gone to the prince of wales and finds them huddled in a corner with Mr Niall Slater. "We've made a few changes to the set list" they say. "Oh?" says Hugh. "We're going to play Loughshore first" they declare. "Oh" says Hugh. "And were going to play Almost Parallel". "Oh, have i ever played that before?" asks Hugh. "No you haven't but its the one that Steven sings 'down' [with Norn Irish accent] in" say the band. "Ah!?" says Hugh.

Good Gig!!

Hugh

im sorry i couldn't stay for dedalus, in the past i have seen them play many an amazing set.

by far the best i have ever heard colon openbracket in terms of sound quality (though aparantly was not as fantastic onstage...)

this was one of the few gigs i have gone to with £0.00 in my pocket, got paid in, got 2 cans of red bull and left with £1.

Guest idol_wild
Blood was spilt on that dance floor. It was majestic. The only thing I could wish for would be clearer memories of the whole debacle.

Definitely up there as one of the best.

Blood was spilt because you slapped my ass. I have buns of steel.

And now you know it.

Superb night. It's an absolute honour to be part of Dedalus. That may be our last ever Aberdeen show, but it may not be the end...

im sorry i couldn't stay for dedalus' date=' in the past i have seen them play many an amazing set.

by far the best i have ever heard colon openbracket in terms of sound quality (though aparantly was not as fantastic onstage...)

this was one of the few gigs i have gone to with £0.00 in my pocket, got paid in, got 2 cans of red bull and left with £1.[/quote']

You gave me and mate Calum the most unusual of looks.

Anyway, good gig, i wouldn't say it was the best i ever seen any of the bands but they were all decent, although i was bored titless about half through Colon Open Bracket. And i wish Mart wouldn't speak in that ridiculous fake Scottish accent in between songs.