aberdeen-music

thursday 16th March!!!tunnel's!!COPY HAHO>DEDALUS>COLONOPENBRACKET

roopy

ayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeayeaye...................tunnels.............thursday16thmarch............................copyhaho................................dedalus..................................colonopenbracket or sumfin........................................................................xx

Guest Steven Dedalus

Hello peeps! I can cofirm (as i was informed last night) that this gig will be Dedalus' last gig! So come and see us. Especially if you don't like us.

Guest Steven Dedalus

16th March the Tunnels: Last ever Dedalus Gig!

Yeah peeps, it's all over. I have been informed by the other members of the band that this is my farewell show with the band as they are going to be doing a new project without me. So ya'll better be there to watch me mess everything up on stage in Aberdeen for the final time.

Also playing is :( who will be slaying us all with some of the loudest drumming ever heard and the most impassioned singing since David Lee Roth.

And Copy HaHo, who should, I insist, revert to the name of Politik and do an set consistin of that old ep thing they did and their half of the Dedalus/Politik split ep. And even if they don't do that, they're still good in my book.

The Tunnels, 16th March: It's a family affair.

Good times.

Guest bluesxman
Yeah peeps' date=' it's all over. I have been informed by the [b']other members of the band that this is my farewell show with the band as they are going to be doing a new project without me. So ya'll better be there to watch me mess everything up on stage in Aberdeen for the final time.

Also playing is :( who will be slaying us all with some of the loudest drumming ever heard and the most impassioned singing since David Lee Roth.

And Copy HaHo, who should, I insist, revert to the name of Politik and do an set consistin of that old ep thing they did and their half of the Dedalus/Politik split ep. And even if they don't do that, they're still good in my book.

Good times.

Disclaimer: I had no involvement in this discussion.

Yeah peeps' date=' it's all over. I have been informed by the other members of the band that this is my farewell show with the band as they are going to be doing a new project without me. So ya'll better be there to watch me mess everything up on stage in Aberdeen for the final time.

Good times.[/quote']

to be fair though steven, the only reason they're doing anything else is because you're going to ireland.

This isn't the way anyone wanted this to turn out. With Steven returning to Belfast indefinitely, I didn't feel we would be able to go on.

We have never been the most organised band (if anyone needed a manager, it was us!) and having such an important person move away, the whole thing just didn't seem viable.

This is a big change for all of us and no-one really knows where the pieces will fall right now. Steve needs time away from Aberdeen as his sentence here has been long enough.

I owe a great deal Mr. Rainey. I would probably still be playing naff covers if it wasn't for him. No-one will miss him more than me.

I personally think that a year away, especially a year in Belfast, is going to do him a huge amount of good. The guy can not only write and arrange good tunes but he has a sharp tongue when it comes to criticism and I hope he gets involved with Ulternative Ulster, one of the UK's finest indie/alternative papers.

I don't think Scotland has seen the last of Steve Dedalus.

Thursday's gig should be a blast - a celebration for all. A wake of sorts.

I have been happily informed that all three bands will be amazing.

This isn't the way anyone wanted this to turn out. With Steven returning to Belfast indefinitely' date=' I didn't feel we would be able to go on.

We have never been the most organised band (if anyone needed a manager, it was us!) and having such an important person move away, the whole thing just didn't seem viable.

This is a big change for all of us and no-one really knows where the pieces will fall right now. Steve needs time away from Aberdeen as his sentence here has been long enough.

I owe a great deal Mr. Rainey. I would probably still be playing naff covers if it wasn't for him. No-one will miss him more than me.

I personally think that a year away, especially a year in Belfast, is going to do him a huge amount of good. The guy can not only write and arrange good tunes but he has a sharp tongue when it comes to criticism and I hope he gets involved with Ulternative Ulster, one of the UK's finest indie/alternative papers.

I have been happily informed that all three bands will be amazing.[/quote']

Hear, Hear!

So, the moral of the story is...

COPY HAHO

DEDALUS

: (

@ THE TUNNELS

8pm (I think!)

3 (I think!)

THURSDAY 16th MARCH!

This isn't the way anyone wanted this to turn out. With Steven returning to Belfast indefinitely' date=' I didn't feel we would be able to go on.

I have been happily informed that all three bands will be amazing.[/quote']

word. (8 characters)

Guest Dedalus
Can't wait for the gig but it will be sad seeing Steven going as i really like his vocals and he is a sound guy. So are the rest of the band gonna be playing that gig in April in Drummonds or not?

Steven will undoubtedly be sorely missed. His vocals are second to none in my opinion, and in the past, he's made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end just by singing a few words. The man is a talent.

However, he's moving to Ireland. Therefore the entire dynamic of the band has shifted to a place the rest of us don't feel comfortable with, and nor should we. A crucial member of the band lives in another country. That can't work. On a personal level, i very much hope he comes back sooner rather than later. If he has such inclinations, it's probable that Dedalus will still be there for him. In the meantime, though, Dedalus will not be playing any more live shows after the 16th March 2006.

As mentioned on another thread, the remaining members of the band will continue making and playing music under a different moniker. We can't stop; we want and need to be doing something.

Guest Callum, Underflow

2 of my favourite Aberdeen bands and : ( who I've heard great things about. Sounds like a fantastic night.

I'll most certainly be there.